Wordpress and generating income?

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Donor
Seen a few plugins that let you create affiliate links from amazon & ebay. Just wondering if anyone has tried it?
Not expecting to make a fortune just enough to cover server costs and future upgrades.
Thanks

• Money
Reactions: Admin9705

mythbuster

Blitz 3rd Class
Some people make a living from that, so covering server costs is certainly possible. To make money from affiliate links, people have to click on them, which means you need a decent amount of traffic to your page. It boils down to SEO and content on your site that will keep visitors there long enough to potentially click on your links. There are plenty of good guides out there if you're interested, but just know that it will be time investment to build up to the point where you actually see clicks. If you are already running a site with established traffic, it will be much easier.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
you really need read to up on SEO. Google continues to grow smarter; def with machine learning. Outright spam pages will index you low or outright an ip ban at times. Users are less likely to click ads including the use of adblockers. like pgblitz, you have to create something engaging and meaningful to get rank, indexed, and attract an audience. google is aware of how many ads you stuff in a page which can also rank you lower if the content is painful to find :D

Last edited:
Reactions: gadgethome

Porkie

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Ads are for idiots in my eyes. Any sensible person will be blocking them either by ublock, pihole or something similar. I dont want to hate on legit sites but some ads and infested with crap and I have kids which they click anything that flashes.

• Sweat

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
ya true. minor ads with me are fine, but it's when people stuff spyware into it or redirects that leads to a malicious site. even news site ask for you to turn ads off, but allow a reader to fall for a mortgage scheme which could rake a victim (or idiot) thousands of dollars; that's not cool

Porkie

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
If your content is good enough without the need of ads then I'm sure you will get supporters and people willing to donate. Its just a huge massive no to me if a site is behind ads or I can not block them. There is plenty of other places for content without ads.

• Love

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Legioner
Staff
People generally hate ads. In fact, studies have shown that peopel rather watch a 12 min review of a produkt instead of seeing a 30 second ad about it on TV. Having a site with general interest things, will certainly draw attention. In fact, whatever interests you, put it on there. There are others like you who share the same interest and they will certainly find you. Indeed read up on CEO. That system is powerful. And if you got that and powerful content, then you're off to a good start.

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Donor
Its not so much about placing ads, its was about a wordpress plugin than generates links and product info from amazon. People add items to their basket and on checkout, it redirects to amazon checkout. You then get commission on the items purchased.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
You can but an ad blocker blocks all my ads. I block the ads due to malware and middle in the man attacks that could lead you to a different site. Maybe someone who runs an Amazon like site could give u pointers

Reactions: gadgethome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.