What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

which server should I use?

Kerebrog

Hello, which server should I use for Plex or Emby? an I7 4770 32gb ram? or a stronger one? Should use about 5-7 people 1080p and 4k.

Last edited:

Poore

Donor
My server is i7 4790 with 32Gb of RAM. I have about 10 people using it now with a fiber connection of about 970mb up and down. I do not do 4K but with 1080p I have not had any issues. I have had a max of 5 transcodes going at once without any problems.

I have two different versions of all TV shows. One for me and one for users to stream. I like 5.1 or 7.1 sound and that always forces a transcode. With TV shows I usually do not see transcoding going on because of the different versions but movies I have not automated and conversion format yet so I do see those transcoding.

The biggest issues I see is with the players and users not understanding how they can control the settings on their end. Educate them and don't use Xbox One as a streamer, POS. Waiting for the new shield to come out and then thats gone.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Kerebrog

At the moment they have the 4770, the 6700 and the 8700, and an amd ryzen 7 1700x but I think the ryzen is overpowered, so I think the 6700?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.