What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Where's rclone.conf and how to copy non tv/movie file toGdrive?

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
GCE SSH

/root/.conf/rclone/rclone.conf doesn't exist,

/home/username/.config/rclone/ no rclone.conf either

So I'm a little baffled at where this file is? It also brings me on to my next question, I've downloaded something on qbittorrent and pgui doesn't show that it's going anywhere which is good as I don't want software being pushed to TV or Movies but if I attempt to use an rclone copy command it states that rclone.conf cannot be found. With an encypted pgbitz setup how would I move this software to Gdrive?

breakinthru119

Blitz 3rd Class
GCE SSH

/root/.conf/rclone/rclone.conf doesn't exist,

/home/username/.config/rclone/ no rclone.conf either

So I'm a little baffled at where this file is? It also brings me on to my next question, I've downloaded something on qbittorrent and pgui doesn't show that it's going anywhere which is good as I don't want software being pushed to TV or Movies but if I attempt to use an rclone copy command it states that rclone.conf cannot be found. With an encypted pgbitz setup how would I move this software to Gdrive?
It should be sitting in:
/opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf

Knowing the risks, you can configure it using:
rclone config --config /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf

Make sure to redeploy rclone in plexguide after making any changes :) Hope that helped some.

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
because pg is setup to use rclone seperate from the normal user rclone, you need to run rclone config and go through the setup manually. Then you can use rclone normally. You could always create a software folder inside of /mnt/unionfs/software, give it the proper permissions, then drop the files in it. As far as I am aware any new folder and files you create in /mnt/unionfs will be encrypted and uploaded. @subse7en will be able to tell if this is not a good idea or if there is a better way to do it.

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
because pg is setup to use rclone seperate from the normal user rclone, you need to run rclone config and go through the setup manually. Then you can use rclone normally. You could always create a software folder inside of /mnt/unionfs/software, give it the proper permissions, then drop the files in it. As far as I am aware any new folder and files you create in /mnt/unionfs will be encrypted and uploaded. @subse7en will be able to tell if this is not a good idea or if there is a better way to do it.
Yeah, in a non complaining way I think one of the downfalls of using PlexGuide is the lack of understanding you have afterwards, really what I'm asking is probably simple but without knowing how rclone works and having PlexGuide do the nitty gritty I just hit a wall if what I need to do isn't explained here.

but yeah, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try changing the DL path for those individual files that aren't movie/tv related and seeing if they still upload.

If I'm not mistaken the new folder would need:

chown 1000:1000 -R /path_to_folder
chmod 755 -R /path_to_folder

?

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
I have no idea if this will work or not but have you tried creating a folder at /mnt/unionfs/software and then place the file you downloaded there? If I understand things correctly (it's likely that I do not...), whatever you place in that unionfs folder will end up in /mnt/move and PG will use rclone to copy it to your GDrive.

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
If I'm not mistaken the new folder would need:

chown 1000:1000 -R /path_to_folder
chmod 755 -R /path_to_folder

?
I have no idea if this will work or not but have you tried creating a folder at /mnt/unionfs/software and then place the file you downloaded there? If I understand things correctly (it's likely that I do not...), whatever you place in that unionfs folder will end up in /mnt/move and PG will use rclone to copy it to your GDrive.
Yes to both. I created a anime folder yesterday and its working fine. Chown the user to 1000:1000 and chmod permissions to 775. Then I pointed sonarr to the /mnt/unionfs/anime folder I created and I see the renamed files in tdrive. You can do this naming the folder whatever you want and adding any files you want to it.

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Yes to both. I created a anime folder yesterday and its working fine. Chown the user to 1000:1000 and chmod permissions to 775. Then I pointed sonarr to the /mnt/unionfs/anime folder I created and I see the renamed files in tdrive. You can do this naming the folder whatever you want and adding any files you want to it.
Hi Mate,

one thing I don't quite understand is, wouldn't pointing Sonarr to the anime folder mean everything you download goes to Anime? I need some sort of way (which I think has been solved above) to point just a few downloads to software, the only thing I could think of is adding them as torrents and then changing it's download path to /mnt/unionfs/software.. I've not tried it yet but it sounds promising.

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
Are you downloading software with Sonarr? That's...strange. In Sonarr you can specify download paths (/mnt...tv shows or mnt/...anime or mnt/....PBS Specials, etc.) and it will change that to your default but also save the path as a selectable option. If you search for a different show you want saved somewhere else, you can click the drop down and select one of your previously used paths or type in a new one.

BL - anything you put inside UnionFS will get uploaded to your G or T Drive (by rclone, sonarr/radarr doesn't upload per se, just rename and move).

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Hi Mate,

one thing I don't quite understand is, wouldn't pointing Sonarr to the anime folder mean everything you download goes to Anime? I need some sort of way (which I think has been solved above) to point just a few downloads to software, the only thing I could think of is adding them as torrents and then changing it's download path to /mnt/unionfs/software.. I've not tried it yet but it sounds promising.
Are you downloading software with Sonarr? That's...strange. In Sonarr you can specify download paths (/mnt...tv shows or mnt/...anime or mnt/....PBS Specials, etc.) and it will change that to your default but also save the path as a selectable option. If you search for a different show you want saved somewhere else, you can click the drop down and select one of your previously used paths or type in a new one.

BL - anything you put inside UnionFS will get uploaded to your G or T Drive (by rclone, sonarr/radarr doesn't upload per se, just rename and move).

I was using the anime folder as an example that it works. As mentioned previously you can name the folder whatever you want such as /mnt/unionfs/software. Just make sure you don't share the software with any other google account or public link, as non-renamed files detected by Google will lead to either A. not being able to share that file anymore or B. A full account ban.

I'm pretty sure that he/she is not using sonarr for software. I just mentioned being able to use that way in case any one else reading was curious about what you can do in regards to unionfs (well, now mergerfs) file directory paths.

peppeee

Blitz 3rd Class
BUG: tdrive is not configured in first install

i had the same problem OP had, i just upgraded to 8.5.6 and tdrive was not here.
using
Code:
rclone config --config /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf
i was able to reconfigure rclone adding gdrive and gcrypt as in older wikis <7.x (which i cant find! where is it? :) )

Last edited:
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.