What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Where to put manually downloaded files?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

adh1310

PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Encrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Quick question. When I manually download something, say a torrent of a season of a show that keeps failing with Usenet due to DMCA, where do I move it to once the download is finished? I thought I was supposed to move it to /mnt/move/media-type-folder (e.g. /mnt/move/tv) but I'm not sure that's correct as sometimes the files disappear and never show up again after moving.

For example, I downloaded a season of a show, moved it /mnt/move/tv with proper naming for Sonarr, PGUI showed it uploading and from there it's disappeared. That was two days ago so I have no idea what happened. This isn't the first time files have disappeared into the nether as well.

So, is /mnt/move/ the correct location or should i be moving them directly to /mnt/unionfs or /mnt/tdrive?

introvertmouse

i havent gotten this far in my setup - but im looking to do the same as you

from what i understand should be - /mnt/downloads/TV/

introvertmouse

Okay, I didn't think of that, I'll try it with my most recent download and see how it goes
try a test file movie.mkv just make something in notepad or test.txt

that way dont have to wait for large file to dl and unpack etc

adh1310

So moving a show I had waiting to move into /mnt/downloads/tv does allow it to show up in Sonarr. I also noticed other shows I had Sonarr downloading through NZBGet show up in there as well, so it looks correct.

Chazaroo1980

You don't. you just manually import it into Sonarr or Radarr via the wanted tab, and then let it deal with it. You'd import from /mnt/unionfs/sabnzbd etc

adh1310

I've been using Sonarr for going on 4 years now and never knew about that feature, I've always manually imported by manually renaming and moving. That's a game changer right there, lol. Thanks for that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.