What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion What's the best way to change my Plex paths from /unionfs to /mnt/unionfs

titooo7

Blitz Sergeant
Hi,

I'm using plexguide 8.1.7 and I don't want to update as I don't want to change the paths of my libraries in Plex (It would take days to rescan 80TB).

Therefore I was wondering if there is a way if to change the mount path of each library without rescanning them?

Thanks

Last edited:

daveftw84

Blitz Legioner
Donor
no, youll have to reprocess everything all over again, which will take days....
these guys think saving thumbnails and meta data is EVERYTHING. plex is going to download a sample of everything off your gsuite to re process everything. I really hope there was a reason for this move from unionfs to mnt/unionfs lol

Last edited:
T

TheShadow

There is actually a way, someone posted a way to do it by modifying the Plex db. You'll have to do some searching to find it.

Reading back on some threads, it was needed to fix radarr/sonarr from copying downloads during import. Now radarr/sonarr imports almost instantly because things can be hardlinked now, which was not possible with the old path.

I also read that while Plex didn't have to change to fix that, it needs the paths updated so when sonarr/radarr tell plex to scan it works, if you leave it as /unionfs and arr uses /mnt/unionfs, Plex won't scan stuff because it's looking at the wrong path.

T

TheShadow

Basically if you want to speed up the whole process, you have to update and change the paths. Before 8.4, files were copied out of sab/get and not moved.. So it needs double the space and use double the IO.

So yeah it was done for good reasons!

Also people said that rescanning didn't take nearly as long as it did under the old versions, but I would do it in the middle of the night.

Or look up how to change the Plex db

daveftw84

Blitz Legioner
Donor
im still scanning my tv section in and it looks like its not even half way yet.
i have two servers, one for nzb and other for plex so it sounds like this was a fix i could of avoided. its just i updated to recent update expecting /unionfs to be missing from plex container and was upset to find it still there. i could of avoided all of this.. also im using a third party app to auto scan, it allows me to adjust the path of radarr to match plex. /mnt/unionfs/movies =/uinonfs/movies

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Members online