What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Ideas What docker you want to add in community!!

bloodray

Anyone else interested in this?

Scrapy is a web crawling spider and can be hosted on server using scrapyd.

Can pull files and images but can also scrape information.

FullCycle

Respected Member
I'm afraid my github "knowledge" is too limited for that, but I could try :)

I guess the problem with the fauria/vsftpd docker is the hardcoded user_id=14 and group_id=50? (https://hub.docker.com/r/fauria/vsftpd/dockerfile). Could that be modified with --build-args?

Thanks and regards!
When I did the nzbget-mp4 yml, I mapped a launch file to force use of uid & gid 1000. Obviously not all dockers are the same, although alpine is common and the change was in the service file.

Sejrup

Respected Member
I'm afraid my github "knowledge" is too limited for that, but I could try :)

I guess the problem with the fauria/vsftpd docker is the hardcoded user_id=14 and group_id=50? (https://hub.docker.com/r/fauria/vsftpd/dockerfile). Could that be modified with --build-args?

Thanks and regards!
Looks like you can pass these as arguments. I will take a look at the docker-compose file tonight and see if I can get it to work.

JaksLax

Donor
Anyone else interested in this?

Scrapy is a web crawling spider and can be hosted on server using scrapyd.

Can pull files and images but can also scrape information.
I'm interested

artiume

Just found this thread, awesome work @MrDoob

Here's a add-on I think would work great. It allows your host to resolve your docker hostnames instead of only the containers being able to resolve.

A security feature enhancement that I think would be a great add for community. Traefik natively has access to the docker socket with the default configuration and this will make it so if traefik is compromised, the attack doesn't get root access.

I talk about the security issues with traefik in this post if you want to read up on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/docker/comments/aon8a5/_/eg38bzx

fa99x24

Looks like you can pass these as arguments. I will take a look at the docker-compose file tonight and see if I can get it to work.
Hi @Sejrup, any success so far on this? Or any tips, how could I pass these arguments, like "normal" ones eg: -e pguser_id=1000?

Have a nice weekend, regards!

artiume

So I was able to get vsftpd to run, much thanks to the legwork of @MrDoob

1. sudo touch /opt/mycontainers/vsftpd.yml && sudo chown 1000:1000 /opt/mycontainers/vsftpd.yml && sudo curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Artiume/forks/master/vsftpd.yml > /opt/mycontainers/vsftpd.yml

2. If you want to customize your username or password run
'sudo nano /opt/mycontainers/vsftpd.yml'

Otherwise, run 'docker logs vsftpd' to Sitever your password

3. sudo pg then options 5 - 2 - 1 - vsftpd

Issues: I don't much experience with FTP besides what I learned while getting the app working. the original file had mnt mounted as RO and it was throwing errors so I gave it a new directory during testing.

I did not verify anything beyond the ability to connect to the container at vsftpd.domain.tld and my host's IP using FireFTP.

artiume

@fa99x24 It could be. I'll look into it soon. I'm out of free time for the week.

I won't have time to update any playbooks, but if anyone needs help, don't hesitate to PM me. My specialty is more on networking side of the house.

Other news!

I got a beta working for pihole

sudo touch /opt/mycontainers/pihole.yml && sudo chown 1000:1000 /opt/mycontainers/pihole.yml && sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Artiume/forks/master/pihole.yml -O /opt/mycontainers/pihole.yml

pg > 5 2 1 > pihole

Things to note: If you are running Ubuntu, pihole doesn't natively work. In-order to get the playbook to work with Ubuntu, systemd-resolved.service is disabled. /etc/resolv.conf is mv'd to /etc/resolv.conf.bak

If you cannot get pihole to run, you will have to run "sudo mv /etc/resolv.conf.bak /etc/resolv.conf" in order to restore your DNS server.

While pihole is running, it will act as your DNS server. If you would like other devices to partake in pihole's capabilities, have them point at your pgbox. You can point them to your router and your router will redirect them to your pgbox, however, in your pihole logs, all the requests will come from your router, not the actual device (unless it has dns-sec, i believe).

fa99x24

tinymediamanager
YAML:
#!/bin/bash

- name: 'Setting PG ENV'
      set_fact:
        pg_env:
          TZ: '${TZ}'
          GROUP_ID: '1000'
          USER_ID: '1000'
          DISPLAY_WIDTH: '1920'
          DISPLAY_HEIGHT: '1080'
          SECURE_CONNECTION: '1'

# MAIN DEPLOYMENT #############################################################
    - name: 'Deploying {{pgrole}}'
      docker_container:
        name: '{{pgrole}}'
        image: '{{image}}'
        pull: yes
        published_ports:
          - '{{ports.stdout}}{{extport}}:{{intport}}'
        volumes: '{{pg_volumes}}'
        env: '{{pg_env}}'
        restart_policy: unless-stopped
        networks:
          - name: plexguide
            aliases:
              - '{{pgrole}}'
        state: started
        labels: '{{pg_labels}}'

Ok got it working, I had to remove the SECURE_CONNECTION: '1'!

Thanks and regards!

ogtimmiller

There are multiple dockerizer mail servers out there. A fairly large subset of them support Traefik. It shouldn't be too hard to get them integrated into pgblitz should it?

It would be nice to not have to pay $3-$10/month for email per domain. Zoho is out of the question since they now require a phone number to create an account + no IMAP support without paying.

MailCow

Mailu

MailServer

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Derfla76

Anyone care to shed some light on getting rdp-calibre going based on the docker info shared on page 1? (won't let me quote the post).

I have it installed following the instructions stated, and can see it in portainer, however when I type in the ip, it's a no go.

fr0sty

Staff
Donor
Anyone tried the kodi docker yet?

Kodi Docker with Video and Audio

Would it expand the server use by granting streaming access from RD and Premiumize as I feel it would?
Host Prerequisites

The host system will need the following:

1. Linux and Docker
    This image should work on any Linux distribution with a functional Docker installation.
  2. A connected display and speaker(s)
    If you're looking for a headless Kodi installation, look elsewhere!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors