What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

vps or dedicated server recommendation

kodimad

i want to download content and upload it too my unlimited gdrive
most of the files i download are 30gig to 70gig plus so i need decent amount of storage
also i will be streaming off of gdrive for plex

i dont know if theres a system that auto uploads to gdrive then deletes so i dont need loads of space
also im new to the world of linux:)
budget as cheap as possible lol im using bytesized at the moment which is $15 a month
thanks

randyjc

Patron
You can always just try it both... first 14 days are trial anyhow. On the sixth of every month they send out the invoice. :)

I've tried multiple dedicated servers with this.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
hetzner is too expensive in the setup...
Auction has zero set-up, cloud has zero set-up, you can't really go wrong with either.

...the files i download are 30gig to 70gig plus...

...i will be streaming off of gdrive for plex...

...i dont know if theres a system that auto uploads to gdrive then deletes so i dont need loads of space...
You need to consider your connection type/speed and client capabilities relative to your media, 70GB may not end well.

The process you refer to is basically what PlexGuide does (amongst many other things), taking news as an example you add the details to SONARR/RADARR, it's indexed, the NZB goes to your client, it's downloaded, unpacked/verified/repaired and then moved to GDrive and deleted from local storage. You literally need the space to download/unpack (so 70GB download needs roughly 140GB of working space) + OS + Plex + meta data + other stuff. If you want cheap, netcup do a SAS option that could fit your needs, but in all honesty I doubt you will want to be trying to play 30GB let alone 70GB files back, it won't scale well over a single user, let alone multiple users.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Auction has zero set-up, cloud has zero set-up, you can't really go wrong with either.

You need to consider your connection type/speed and client capabilities relative to your media, 70GB may not end well.

The process you refer to is basically what PlexGuide does (amongst many other things), taking news as an example you add the details to SONARR/RADARR, it's indexed, the NZB goes to your client, it's downloaded, unpacked/verified/repaired and then moved to GDrive and deleted from local storage. You literally need the space to download/unpack (so 70GB download needs roughly 140GB of working space) + OS + Plex + meta data + other stuff. If you want cheap, netcup do a SAS option that could fit your needs, but in all honesty I doubt you will want to be trying to play 30GB files back, let alone scale that up to multiple users.
spot on!

Murphy

hello I do not know much hardware
I'm looking for a vps or dedi server (preferably a icore processor)
I seek to transmit to several users at the same time, (a friend mentioned to me about the icore that does not have so many problems for the simultaneous transmission)
What server do you recommend?
if necessary, I would rent a dedicated one (if there are cheap servers to start later with the support of my colleagues, I could pay for a more elegant one: V)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.