What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

VPS or Dedi

Alegeek

Blitz 3rd Class
Would you recommend that over the RS1000 then?
What do you use it for?
I tried the rs1000, it performed well and could always hammer the CPU without any issues. Saying that, I've hammered the vCPU's on the vserver range and not heard a peep from them and performance continued to be great.

Netcup provide a very good service, just make sure you understand how their billing works to prevent frustration when you come to cancelling.

I use my box for downloading and as a remote desktop, it's also running Plex.

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
I tried the rs1000, it performed well and could always hammer the CPU without any issues. Saying that, I've hammered the vCPU's on the vserver range and not heard a peep from them and performance continued to be great.

Netcup provide a very good service, just make sure you understand how their billing works to prevent frustration when you come to cancelling.

I use my box for downloading and as a remote desktop, it's also running Plex.
Im wanting to trial the VPS2000. How does the billing work if i wanted to have it for like a week?

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
Update for everyone thats interested.
So ive being trying out the VPS's on Hetzner, Netcup.eu & Contabo.
Heres my reviews of them:

Hetzner Cloud: CX21 / CX31 / CX41 Tested
These are very good services. I found the SSD to be an issue and every now and then i would get low download speeds. If running Sabnzbd & Plex. Your not gonna get both these running with any of the above. I found the CX51 to expensive (Even for an hour use-age. But thats purely due to your in dedi pricing. Overall for a feeder you cant go wrong.

Netcup.eu: RS1000 G8 (320GB SAS)
This is a very good server. Again like the Hetzner cloud. Not ideal for Sabnzbd & Plex. I found that the SAS was the limiting factor. Download speeds was fantastic with Sabnzbd. The SAS drive just couldnt keep up (Netdata Stating High IOWait Time) And the CPU was always pegged. So similar to Hetzner Cloud.

Contabo: VPS L SSD
This is a hell of a good server. The Performance from the SSD's and vCPU are fantastic. For the price this is amazing. I havent got plex streaming but my CPU tops out at 40% with downloading. I have tested using NZBGet with this service and was getting better throughput than with Sabnzbd. I have a feeling they are throttling me sometimes but cant prove it. Im going to stick with this 1 for the mean time.

Overall the refund process was reasonable due to i did it within the 2 Week cooling off period.
Im going to purchase a Hetzner Auction Server when i find the right 1 for the right price. Im just struggling to justify 30Euro for an SSD based 1

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
short info _->

hetzner SB server are really old

take an EX serie .. w / NVME or wo/ NVME .. this server i greate

but the pretax is only at the first time

so you can run so man on this server ,

///
streamstrip // PLEX out:4 direct / out:4 transcode && rutorrent DL:27MB UL:54MB && pbglitz : PID 25547 UL:44,75MB

streamstrip is a programm from me to monitor over terminal : //

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
short info _->

hetzner SB server are really old

take an EX serie .. w / NVME or wo/ NVME .. this server i greate

but the pretax is only at the first time

so you can run so man on this server ,
I keep getting recommended that and i do keep an eye on it.
But at £35pm for a few users and downloads. Im struggling to justify it.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
made it simple :p

each user can pay a littble bit as few and all is good

some user made this way .. but P4V is not allowed :p

ask your user , if they say " hell yaa " split the costs to each member

50Pm : 10 User = 5pm and thats really cheap for all the content

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
made it simple :p

each user can pay a littble bit as few and all is good

some user made this way .. but P4V is not allowed :p

ask your user , if they say " hell yaa " split the costs to each member

50Pm : 10 User = 5pm and thats really cheap for all the content
They wont pay it.
So basically i can tell them.
You get what your given

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
They wont pay it.
So basically i can tell them.
You get what your given
then I would limit the number of streams first; as well as transcoding iced ban on pgvault

and when they grumble, they clearly say, "i pay the part alone, and you only have guests" finish in the terrain

I also did the same and guess how fast they said "what do you get ???"

who wants a lot and pay a lot that was my answer;

how much each one pays is up to you, but believe me you will come up with the idea to give something voluntarily, if you realize that a maximum of 3 people at a time can watch and the transcoding is forbidden

// if you use pgvault, it has no influence on your account, only the "other users" are pissed P

timetrex

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
From my perspective, trying to come from torrents to Usenet. I have some issues.

Torrents from major trackers, the content , if it's from public groups or if it's rather big, like some of remux or uhd HDR stuff, it is uploaded into a single file. Often no rars. With Usenet , content is rars and sometimes needs repaired. On my current VPS, the server struggles to verify and repair files.

Although some VPS are fine for downloading content, in not sure if there is a VPS that copes with repairing archives.

Either I make do with a VPS/torrents or move to a dedi server with Usenet.

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
So ive just received an email from Contabo stating that my average bandwidth has being over 100Mbit/s during the last 9 days so ive been limited to 100Mbit/s. So this is something to be aware of. Im thinking of jumping at a Auction SSD server to start with then maybe go for the recommended EX Server. The NVMe will be very useful. But i feel the SSD and the i7-4770 will be sufficient for me. All be if that ends up being good ill just pump up the extra cash as the monthly price isnt an issue i dont think as my circumstances have changed now and i will require a remote server. Its the set up fee thats equivalent to another months charge

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
I use hetzner ex42-HDD + 240gb SSD the old one

Old one : 7 streams without any problems

The NEW one EX42-HDD + 2 X 500GB NVME ( HWRAID 1 )
that's to expensive and to much for 4 User only .

New one 10 - 12 streams without any problems

I7-7700k
64gb RAM

For you is the NVME more then enough.

But please don't use the SB40 or SB32 that's crap and to old.

Location : Helsinki is pretty fast and 0 problems to all around the world
went to order one and its upto 5 days before can be setup so im sticking with old one another month

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
went to order one and its upto 5 days before can be setup so im sticking with old one another month
Is that the EX42-NVME?
Also what are you running now?
Im thinking of just jumping onto the EX42-NVME instead of going through a Auction Server.
Would you recommend me going through an action and then jumping to the NVME?

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
Been running a hetzner server since January and started having network issues so I'd decided to jump to the nvme but iv taken another month on the old one as iv stuff to transfer and dates disnt suit, all depends on budget pal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.