What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Guides Video Duplicate Finder

bloodray

Blitz 2nd Class
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share some love with the community.

You can download and run the video duplicate finder (mostly successfully) to check for duplicates on your unencrypted gdrive.

Link for software:
Code:
https://github.com/0x90d/videoduplicatefinder/releases
Please note that the software needs ffmpeg and libgdiplus to be installed and you can easily do so by running as admin using below commands:

Code:
sudo apt install ffmpeg

sudo apt-get install libgdiplus
Hope this helps someone.

Caution: You would see some API errors in your console and there would be some ffprobe errors in the program log. Nothing is perfect here but it is much better than running blind. The maximum api hit rate I recorded on my 4000 files folder was 9.83/sec (there were still some errors as I said).

Hints:
- First the program added files to check in its database, in my case it took less than 3 mins. Wait for this and then the program will start scanning (log will show this) but the rest of the program will be an empty list till the scan finishes. Let it finish and do not panic.
- If you wish to delete the duplicates directly from the program once it is done searching, point to mnt/gdrive folder and not mnt/unionfs/gdrive. Amend the folder path to suit your setup.

Also any Credit for the program goes to the original developer and you should star his project to support him.

Last edited:

ZennyBenny

Blitz 3rd Class
If it matched it into the DB... then yes. Otherwise no. Depends on your requirements, not trying to s*hit on your lunch, just offering an alternative.

bloodray

Blitz 2nd Class
Just shared the tool that works system wide and without barriers. This is beyond what Plex is designed to do. :) So Plex is not an alternative. Same as Plex is not an alternative for file managers. The tool finds same/similar videos in differing codecs, resolutions, sizes etc and scores them for you to choose and delete as you please. Try it and see what it can do. Especially handy for items not managed by sonarr/radarr etc or if you are have combined two servers into one and want to identify duplicate areas on autopilot to review and fix.

bloodray

Blitz 2nd Class
If you have a tdrive unencrypted folder showing in your file browser (under mnt) it should work. Point it to a subfolder to check. It would help if there are known duplication so you can see the output.

Proelior

Blitz 3rd Class
If you have a tdrive unencrypted folder showing in your file browser (under mnt) it should work. Point it to a subfolder to check. It would help if there are known duplication so you can see the output.
Ok thanks. Will test when I get home from work.

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Is there any option here to save a couple of formats for a title? Eg. Keep a 1080p SDR h264 and a 2160p HDR h265 variant?

bloodray

Blitz 2nd Class
Is there any option here to save a couple of formats for a title? Eg. Keep a 1080p SDR h264 and a 2160p HDR h265 variant?
The tool just finds duplicates for cleanup. I haven't used or checked the possibility that you wish to use it for. Maybe check the documentation or send a feature request to the developer if the feature is not there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending