What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Using a folder in google drive as mount point

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Is there a way to mount gdrive to a folder in google drive as the main mount point for gdrive
in rclone yes, how offhand... you'll have to look at rclone's options. i haven't done it, but know it can be. just type rclone config in google check their help. rclone has tons of info, so you can get lost in it :D

scrffybear80

Donor
Start the process of mounting your gdrive go through the prompts and when you get to roo_folder_ id - you put your folder id from google drive (see instructions and pictures below)
Mounting gdrive
Go to Mounts and Data ->
PG Move ->
Configure RClone ->
new remote (n) ->
enter gdrive ->
Choose Google Drive (NOT GOOGLE CLOUD) ->
nothing for clientid (UNLESS YOU KNOW ALL THIS) ->
nothing for client secret (UNLESS YOU KNOW ALL THIS) ->
Choose Full Access ->
root_folder_id (See attachment step1 and step 2) This is where you put the Folder ID if you want the mount to be in a folder ->
nothing for service_account_file ->
select no for edit advance config ->
select yes or no to auto config ->
if you select no (for headless machines) then you copy the url and get the auth key and paste.
Continue through the defaults until you get back the menu
then you deploy your gdrive
<<<<<< the "->" desonates "enter" to the next prompt
***WARNING***
DO NOT PUT THE FOLDER ID IN WHEN DEPLOYING THE TDRIVE

Finding your Folder id that you want to mount PG GDrive To
1. Log into Google Drive
2. In the left panel where it lists your drives and folders, expand your Google Drive Root Folder and click on the folder you want to be mounted as your GDRIVE on PlexRequest (See Attached Picture Step1gdpr)
3. Look at the URL and notice the part of the URL after folders/ (See Attached Picture Step2gdpr)
4. This is your folder id - Remember to click the folder you want to mount to get the correct folder id
5. Copy everthing after https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/
WahLah you now have your folder id

Attachments

mattmartinolc

I am banging my head here. I do all these steps, then it says I cannot deploy because rclone is unconfigured. I have been through the steps several times.

scrffybear80

Donor
I am banging my head here. I do all these steps, then it says I cannot deploy because rclone is unconfigured. I have been through the steps several times.
Are you using a SSH shell or the actual computer. You may be getting a hang up on copying and pasting the url and api key.

mattmartinolc

Are you using a SSH shell or the actual computer. You may be getting a hang up on copying and pasting the url and api key.
Turned out I had to use a depreciated version of plexguide. I still seem hit and miss on getting drive to mount properly on new VMs though. Sometimes I go through the steps and it will say unconfigured.

scrffybear80

Donor
Through the interface? Can you provide further instruction?
When I go to setup GDrive in the PlexGuide Interface it does not give the option to ADD the folder ID. All you are asked is the Client and Secret. Then you provide the Google code after allowing access.

The old script when setting up gdrive asked you for the client id , secret, and once you allowed access by copying and pasting the code it would ask you if you wanted to enter a folder id.

****** ALSO FOUND BUG:: When you Go do PG Settings [6 to Exit] does not work *******

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Through the interface? Can you provide further instruction?
When I go to setup GDrive in the PlexGuide Interface it does not give the option to ADD the folder ID. All you are asked is the Client and Secret. Then you provide the Google code after allowing access.

The old script when setting up gdrive asked you for the client id , secret, and once you allowed access by copying and pasting the code it would ask you if you wanted to enter a folder id.

****** ALSO FOUND BUG:: When you Go do PG Settings [6 to Exit] does not work *******
it's fixed in the beta, just press z; you have to run what it does and then run that command after i gave you; then you have to deploy pgblitz

https://github.com/Admin9705/PlexGuide.com-The-Awesome-Plex-Server/wiki/RClone-Manual-Deploy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.