What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Updating Plex when excluded from Watchtower? <SOLVED>

nocturne1

Donor
What is the best way to update Plex when one chose to exclude it from Watchtower? Always fearful that I'm going to destroy my setup by doing something stupid. (I know this because I have before....LOL)

Thanks!

pYTTH

Staff
Always do backups or i u can snapshots.

In plex you can check if theres an update and update from there. You should then be fine

nocturne1

Donor
Wouldn't this potentially cause issues since it's a docker container? I would think that, even if it could update that way, it wouldn't be persistent.

zukato

Respected Member
Donor
What I did today as I was not able to update from the web interface, is I reinstalled Plex app in PGBlitz. Library is not affected and everything went smoothly.

nocturne1

Donor
Yeah, I actually did that earlier today. Was a bit hesitant because it went through the server claim process, but everything remained ok. Still seems like there's probably a more direct way - although I might just say "the hell with it" and just have watchtower handle it. Doesn't seem to update very often as-is...

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

zukato

Respected Member
Donor
At one point if I remember correctly, it was not advised to use WatchTower to update Plex. Is it still the case?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Plex has a somewhat unfortunate history of breaking things between releases, the easiest way to deal with that, is if it works, leave it alone unless you need something in a later release.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.