What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Chat Updating Current Setup

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
i had a staff memeber on here help me setup my plex server etc, im now looking to move the server onto a new one if thats possible? Also is there a way to backup all the files i have on gsuite etc?

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
this is where i am right now, i had a member setup my plexguide on a hetzner server with plex and gsuite added for storage, looking to update plexguide from 8.0.1 to latest one, looking to have my server backup automatically so i dont loose all my stuff on plex etc, looking to edit some folders that were added also, and is it easy to move from one server to another if i find a better deal than what im on? anything else i should have on my setup? encryption etc?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Ya for 8.0.1, this will be problematic. many changes were made and you will have to almost start fresh to some extent. The backup and restore system changed in 8.1 so that won't work well.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
no u won't lose your stuff on your drives. ya just follow the instructions, it's very easy to setup. just read the sections where your at. it's good if you do because then you don't run into this situation. You have the forum to assist :D

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
no u won't lose your stuff on your drives. ya just follow the instructions, it's very easy to setup. just read the sections where your at. it's good if you do because then you don't run into this situation. You have the forum to assist :D
Great, so first thing to do is onto my server and wipe it? Then start with the first video tutorial on here?

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
Server wiped and reinstalled with debian 9, followed guides but when I get to the adding a new user on sudo I get to the bin bash part and get an error ??

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
useradd -u 1000 {name-of-user}

The follow the guide

1.) Open terminal ( putty : login as your user )
2.) typ " su "
3.) Past the root pw !!

4) past each command !! Dont edit anything!!

4.1.) sudo usermod -aG sudo $(grep "1000" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1 | awk '{print $1}')

4.2) sudo usermod -s /bin/bash $(grep "1000" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1 | awk '{print $1}')

5.) Open a new terminal with your username ( don't closed the first one )

6.) sudo apt-get update

7.) Now you must typ your ^^ user pw ^^

8.) Well done all is good !!

9.) Close the first one now.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Simpler >>

Login as root >
Bash:
apt-get install curl sudo && 
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MrDoobPG/testpgintstall/master/useradd.sh | sudo -H sh

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
useradd -u 1000 {name-of-user}

The follow the guide

1.) Open terminal ( putty : login as your user )
2.) typ " su "
3.) Past the root pw !!

4) past each command !! Dont edit anything!!

4.1.) sudo usermod -aG sudo $(grep "1000" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1 | awk '{print $1}')

4.2) sudo usermod -s /bin/bash $(grep "1000" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1 | awk '{print $1}')

5.) Open a new terminal with your username ( don't closed the first one )

6.) sudo apt-get update

7.) Now you must typ your ^^ user pw ^^

8.) Well done all is good !!

9.) Close the first one now.
still wont work buddy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.