What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Ideas Unpause NZBGet

Status
Not open for further replies.

404notfound

Donor
For my first remote server setup, I've set my server up on Hertzner Cloud. I don't plan on downloading movies only TV shows so their 40gig ssd is fine for me so far but does make space management a little tight. What I've had to do is set NZBGet to pause when it gets below 10G of free storage space. This is fine but NZBGet does not unpause automatically when enough free space has been created. What I want to happen is when I download a chunk of series NZBGet will pause if it gets down to 10G and when move does its job and moves everything off to the cloud, NZBGet continues again.

I found this forum thread regarding the issue and the developer of NZBGet commented that they didn't feel that was necessary and that all one would have to do is "...unpause NZBGet from your cleanup script with "nzbget -U" or using API-method resumedownload()." It would be nice if the move script could do that for us and make NZBGet continue. Also if I wanted to go ahead and add this myself, where might I look? How do you pass command line options to NZBGet through docker?

Thanks

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
For my first remote server setup, I've set my server up on Hertzner Cloud. I don't plan on downloading movies only TV shows so their 40gig ssd is fine for me so far but does make space management a little tight. What I've had to do is set NZBGet to pause when it gets below 10G of free storage space. This is fine but NZBGet does not unpause automatically when enough free space has been created. What I want to happen is when I download a chunk of series NZBGet will pause if it gets down to 10G and when move does its job and moves everything off to the cloud, NZBGet continues again.

I found this forum thread regarding the issue and the developer of NZBGet commented that they didn't feel that was necessary and that all one would have to do is "...unpause NZBGet from your cleanup script with "nzbget -U" or using API-method resumedownload()." It would be nice if the move script could do that for us and make NZBGet continue. Also if I wanted to go ahead and add this myself, where might I look? How do you pass command line options to NZBGet through docker?

Thanks
look at watchtower in the ansible folder, you'll see a command line in the YML. I only have a little experience, oh and trust me, we need the help with any ideas like that :D Can only code so much, priorities, and etc :D Drop by Pgblitz sometime!

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager

Thanks
Doesn't the scheduler in NZBGet do what you need it too?:unsure:
There's a brief instruction for it here:-
https://wiki.plexguide.com/books/4-pg-applications/page/nzbget---usenet-config

I set my Download Queue - Disk Space to 30000 (30GB) and then the Scheduler to UnpauseDownload every hour.;)
View attachment 496

EasternPA

Respected Member
Staff

I set my Download Queue - Disk Space to 30000 (30GB) and then the Scheduler to UnpauseDownload every hour.;)
View attachment 496
I just got bit by the scheduler last weekend -- I needed to look more closely. I didn't want the downloads to impact my wife watching shows, so I queued up a bunch of downloads in sonarr but manually paused all the action in nzbget. I knew that I had an unpause scheduled at midnight so it would pick up after she likely went to bed.

Well, I woke up to a pile of completed downloads stuck in PP-QUEUE. Turns out the manual pause pauses EVERYTHING but scheduling UNPAUSE DOWNLOADS in the scheduler is not enough. Also the manual pause button was green, so nothing appeared to be paused. I had to click the little down arrow next to the manual pause button and unpause post-processing in order to get things moving again.

So while the scheduler is nice, I encourage everyone to understand what all you pause and unpause between the manual button and the scheduled tasks. I didn't look closely enough at the scheduled tasks and got burned.

404notfound

Donor

View attachment 496
Aha! Thanks I didn't even think about this. When I saw the response on the main NZBGet forum that led me down the wrong rabbit hole. That will do exactly what I need it to.

Thanks

404notfound

Donor
So while the scheduler is nice, I encourage everyone to understand what all you pause and unpause between the manual button and the scheduled tasks. I didn't look closely enough at the scheduled tasks and got burned.
Wow! Good to know. I'm looking over it now. Thanks for pointing this out.

EDIT: Hopefully this works -- I did two tasks one to restart post processing every 15 minutes (00:00, 00:15, etc) and then restarting download every 15 minutes but 5 minutes after the post processing started (00:05, 00:20, etc).

Last edited:

maverickplex

Wow! Good to know. I'm looking over it now. Thanks for pointing this out.

EDIT: Hopefully this works -- I did two tasks one to restart post processing every 15 minutes (00:00, 00:15, etc) and then restarting download every 15 minutes but 5 minutes after the post processing started (00:05, 00:20, etc).
I did something very similar and mine has been running like a charm and has not interfered with our viewing...
Pause when less than 30 GB
UnpausePostProcessing *:00 (every hour)
UnpauseScan *:20 (20 min past every hour)
UnpauseDownload *:40 (40 min past)

Status
Not open for further replies.