Discussion UNIONFS Kill Switch (Coming to 5.092)

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Team,

Almost done with test, but a kill switch is coming to 5.092. Basically if your UNIONFS goes down:

1. Programs using UNIONFS are turned off
2. PG will attempt to REDEPLOY pgdrives
3. If PGDrives is working, program restart
4. If PGDrives (unionfs focus) fails, then programs stay shut off
5. Failure is sent to UNIONFS
6. Startup will notify you that UNIONFS has failed and that your program have been shutdown

PGLog Output
1529158582831.png

In the end, you can see Sonarr and PLEX have been shutdown
1529158562308.png

You may ask why is this important? If UNIONFS goes down and PLEX is scanning; including Radarr and Sonarr; your items will start to disappear. Basically, it's a failsafe :D

Proof it Working Now in The Background
1529163224102.png

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Definitely a nice/essential feature. I keep "empty trash automatically" off for this very reason. Didn't protect sonarr/radarr from emptying out the acquired status though. Thank you.
Oh I understand. The pglog was something needed because I have been able to trace bugs while building it. Thanks for the note.

danialzo

Blitz 3rd Class
Ooooh boy! I've been knocking my head to the wall since I turned off "empty empt trash" as plex was marking the items as unavailable after sonarr/radarr upgrading the movies/episodes to a better quality/release.

This is gonna save soooo much trouble

EDIT: Just notice the post date. What happened to this feature?

Reactions: Jampher and gecha

Jampher

Blitz 2nd Class
Ooooh boy! I've been knocking my head to the wall since I turned off "empty empt trash" as plex was marking the items as unavailable after sonarr/radarr upgrading the movies/episodes to a better quality/release.

This is gonna save soooo much trouble

EDIT: Just notice the post date. What happened to this feature?
Was wondering the same thing myself!

danialzo

Blitz 3rd Class
Well, I ended up setting up plex auto scan. Works pretty good. It handles emptying trash safely by checking a mount file inside unionfs folder and also abort emptying trash if there are more than x number of items in trash. (X is configurable)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.