Discussion Unifi Controller YAML file

Blitz 3rd Class
Ok, make a new file call unifi-latest.yaml, paste in the code below and save it to opt/mycontainers. It will show in the Community Apps and you can install it from there.
When I do this, I get the following error
Code:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
unifi-latest - Now Installing!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ERROR! the playbook: /opt/communityapps/apps/unifi-latest.yml could not be found
@losjax
I made the changes ;) direct on the community apps section
I've ensured I'm running 8.6.4, but I'm still getting 5.6.42 installed from the community apps section.

What am I doing wrong?

Sejrup

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Did you save as .yml or .yaml in the folder /opt/mycontainers/ ? It should be .yml

Sejrup

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
@MrDoob - I also don't see any recent changes to the unifi.yml file in the Github repo. It is still pulling from image linuxserver/unifi-controller:LTS when looking inside branch v8.6?

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
@Sejrup @losjax @28061

now you can use LTS or latest .

but see the pic -->

Screenshot_26.jpg

latest is not the everytime the best option .

we build apps fo user the don't want do edit / bughunting or anyelse

we want really stable apps for the community

Last edited:

shmookles

Blitz 2nd Class
I'm not sure I follow how this is supposed to work on a local host? I try ti migrate my AP's from my local controller to the unifi app running on PGBlitz docker. I've tried opening the ports with PG PortGuard and still can't get it to work. Can anyone provide some step-by-step info on how they were able to do this?

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
I'm not sure I follow how this is supposed to work on a local host? I try ti migrate my AP's from my local controller to the unifi app running on PGBlitz docker. I've tried opening the ports with PG PortGuard and still can't get it to work. Can anyone provide some step-by-step info on how they were able to do this?
I managed to get it working doing the following.
  1. So take a back up of your original Controller
    • At Settings / Maintenance / Back-Up
    • I have mine set up with a FQDN E.G. unifi.domain.com
  2. Load up the Docker container on your current PGBlitz Set-Up
  3. Export Every Site you want to transfer (I Just had 1)
    • At Settings / Site / Export Site & Follow WIzard
    • Might be a better way to do it with multiple sites
    • Please note your new inform will be https://unifi.domain.com:443/inform
    • It states Migrating on the New Controller if correct
I Could be slightly off on the way. I cant remember how i did it. But it was something along the above.
Please let me know if i am wrong on anything and i will update it.

shmookles

Blitz 2nd Class
Thanks @Barrow1990 , but I was pretty good up until that part. Getting my AP's to be seen by the new unifi container in PG Blitz is where my issue is. I tried with PortGuard ports both opened and closed and the AP's still do not see the controller. Any ideas? Obviously I have it working at home now without the container in PG Blitz, so it has to be a docker networking hurdle on my end somewhere.

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
Thanks @Barrow1990 , but I was pretty good up until that part. Getting my AP's to be seen by the new unifi container in PG Blitz is where my issue is. I tried with PortGuard ports both opened and closed and the AP's still do not see the controller. Any ideas? Obviously I have it working at home now without the container in PG Blitz, so it has to be a docker networking hurdle on my end somewhere.
You have to wait a while.. for it to adopt. I’ve decommissioned my home server due to moving so if I get chance tomorrow I shall see if I can set it up on a docker on me laptop

shmookles

Blitz 2nd Class
You have to wait a while.. for it to adopt. I’ve decommissioned my home server due to moving so if I get chance tomorrow I shall see if I can set it up on a docker on me laptop
it times out and migration fails. its like my AP's cannot reach the unification running behind Traefik.

shmookles

Blitz 2nd Class
Did you try to overwrite controller Hostname / IP in the controller settings as shown below? It is mentioned here - https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/install-unifi-controller-on-docker/

View attachment 3486

I have redeployed my own server yesterday and need to move my controller to this. So I will also try to see if I can get it to work.
yes, I guess the main issue is how does PGBlitz handle the 8080 ports being exposed necessary for the AP to communicate with the controller? Should I have my ports opened or closed? also is there a way to have 8080 open but the rest of the ports closed...etc.. Just curious how others got it working... out of the box it doesn't seem to work for me.

Barrow1990

Blitz 2nd Class
For anyone thats stuggling.
Ive managed to figure it out again.
I was running round in circles to get it working.
I had a thought is the port even open?
So investigating portainer found that the external port for the inform is actually 8088 and not the standard 8080

1. Disable "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" In Controller
  2. Take a back up of your original Controller
  3. Load up the Docker container on your current PGBlitz Set-Up
  4. Either Set Up A New Controller or Import your BackUp
  5. Export Every Site you want to transfer (I Just had 1)
      • Please note:
        • If you have started a fresh controller you will have to import it.
        • If you just import the backup at step 2 then it should auto connect
    • Please also note your new inform will be http://unifi.domain.com:8088/inform

Im unsure if its worth setting Controller / Controller Hostname/IP to the above inform.

Ive now also got an issue where the controller is complaining about the device not being able to connect to the STUN server

Last edited:

shmookles

Blitz 2nd Class
For anyone thats stuggling.
Ive managed to figure it out again.
I was running round in circles to get it working.
I had a thought is the port even open?
So investigating portainer found that the external port for the inform is actually 8088 and not the standard 8080

1. Disable "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" In Controller
  2. Take a back up of your original Controller
  3. Load up the Docker container on your current PGBlitz Set-Up
  4. Either Set Up A New Controller or Import your BackUp
  5. Export Every Site you want to transfer (I Just had 1)
      • Please note:
        • If you have started a fresh controller you will have to import it.
        • If you just import the backup at step 2 then it should auto connect
    • Please also note your new inform will be http://unifi.domain.com:8088/inform

Im unsure if its worth setting Controller / Controller Hostname/IP to the above inform.

Ive now also got an issue where the controller is complaining about the device not being able to connect to the STUN server
@Barrow1990 are you running with port guard open for the ports? IF not, is there a way to just open the ports for unifi container?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin9705 Life Chat 15
toeffelhelt Ideas & Suggestions 6