What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Invites tweaknews 81% lifetime Siteunt

loa92

Donor
I’ve used them for block filler, and they were super slow downloading, but at $30 a year I’ll try them again. 👍🏼

Sejrup

Respected Member
Thanks for the heads up (y) Full saturation of my 600 mbit connection, so no issues with speed here :)

Last edited:

Sejrup

Respected Member
When I'm logged in to my account I see the following message "You are not eligible for this promotion. Please contact support for more information. "
I would write support and ask. Otherwise new e-mail and new account.

Armin

Staff
When I'm logged in to my account I see the following message "You are not eligible for this promotion. Please contact support for more information. "
I would write support and ask. Otherwise new e-mail and new account.
yeah normally they will mach that deal for you

eclipseserena

Can confirm, they cancelled my subscription asked me to purchase the promo and credited the time I had remaining on the cancelled subscription

samizwat

Same as the Black Friday deal! Awesome! No speed limitation whatsoever :D
It's my main provider, complemented by Eweka

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

deva5610

Donor
Looks like eweka has their own backbone and tweaknews uses Base IP
Correct. Although they're both owned by the same company, and it's been speculated that since Tweaknews "upgraded" their retention a month or so back that they're now all using the same server farms, only separated by a different software configuration (especially since you can't actually add 1,000 days of retention at the flick of a switch....unless it was already existing on the servers and only required a software change).

That said - From my testing there's no point running both Tweak and Eweka besides the fact Tweak will give higher speeds. From what I've seen Eweka has everything that Tweak has, but it's not quite the same the other way around.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Correct. Although they're both owned by the same company, and it's been speculated that since Tweaknews "upgraded" their retention a month or so back that they're now all using the same server farms, only separated by a different software configuration (especially since you can't actually add 1,000 days of retention at the flick of a switch....unless it was already existing on the servers and only required a software change).

That said - From my testing there's no point running both Tweak and Eweka besides the fact Tweak will give higher speeds. From what I've seen Eweka has everything that Tweak has, but it's not quite the same the other way around.
A years worth of TweakNews runs you the same as 4 months of Eweka, you could always chuck a month of Eweka on periodically if it's an issue.

deva5610

Donor
A years worth of TweakNews runs you the same as 4 months of Eweka, you could always chuck a month of Eweka on periodically if it's an issue.
Oh I agree entirely. My main point was it doesn't matter which one you have, just don't bother spending money on both. It's really not worth it.

I see how it could be read as "Only get Eweka!" - Certainly wasn't the intention! :)

samizwat

There's not a single day in which I don't grab stuff from Eweka because Tweak doesn't have it. Since Eweka is configured as my backup provider though, I can't tell if the other way around is also true.

The advantage of Tweak is that it maxes my GbE link whereas Eweka is capped at 300 Mbps. For the price, I went with having both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors