Discussion Trying to figure out what needs to be deleted

Kiminoth

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
Hey guys,

Newbie here. I've got everything set up and for the most part, the process was very streamlined.

One issue I found was that /mnt/unionfs/tv or movies wasn't created in the correct location, but actually were created on the same level as /mnt/, but I soon figured out once I manually created those in the required location everything worked fine.

I've currently got an issue. I can clearly see that my files are being uploaded and encrypted to TDrive, so that's great, however, my free disk space is not reducing at the end. PlexGuide currently identifies that my total HD space is as follows:

PG Disk Used Space: 64G of 76G | 88% Used Capacity

Using ncdu, in the /mnt/ folder, the data is currently like such:
97.8 GiB [##########] /unionfs
47.8 GiB [#### ] /tdrive
47.8 GiB [#### ] /tcrypt
2.0 GiB [ ] /downloads
1.1 GiB [ ] /incomplete
303.5 MiB [ ] /gdrive

/mnt/ is the only folder in the top level with anything > 1gb FYI.

On level down into the unionfs folder, it's like this:
47.8 GiB [##########] /encrypt
47.8 GiB [######### ] /tv
1.0 GiB [ ] /nzbget

My question, now that I can identify that the files have been placed into TDrive, what legacy files are remaining on the harddrive that shouldn't be there? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand the files should delete from the local drive once they've been uploaded?

I'm trying to rack my brain as I can't download anything until I free up some more space.

Appreciate the help!

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
  1. 76 gigs is not enough I don't think. Maybe if you're using torrents?
  2. Sounds like your install got messed up. I'd reset and try again. Did you do anything wonky?

Kiminoth

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
I uninstalled and reinstalled Plexguide a second time to try and fix the earlier issue of tv being created in the wrong folder, but the second time it was the same. However, I realised that just by creating tv in unionfs it did what I needed it to and it then all worked. Problem is I blew out my LetsEncrypt! rate-limit so I have to wait until Wednesday next week to get rid of the insecure messages on my subdomains. To clarify though, items have still been uploaded to TDrive since the redeployment.

To answer your question, nothing out of the ordinary occurred whilst installing. I followed everything on the wiki as best I could, and aside from the above there was no workaround's I had to do to install it.

Can you see anything in the folder structure above that should not be?

If the folder structure appears as normal, I can only assume that the Traefik deployment is playing some role in it not working, with some form of miscommunication occuring somewhere, but it's just odd that as mentioned, sonarr is still uploading to Tdrive, something's just not freeing up space.

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
what does your /mnt/move folder look like? Or are all the files just sitting in the /mnt/downloads/tv or movies folder?

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
You are saying that you only have 76G of space. My setup uses 50GB of space just for program settings and cache. Without using plex. NZBget stores all downloaded file history unless deleted which over time can easily be 10GB+. If you have alot of stuff in plex if it's on the server it can easily use 50GB + by itself. My apps are using the following space: Sonarr- 2GB, Radarr- 11GB, NZBget- 32GB as an example.

Kiminoth

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
/mnt/move contains a tv and movies folder, however, both are empty.
12.0 KiB [ ] /move

The mnt/downloads tv/movie folders only contain files that are currently in queue to be downloaded and it's only 2GB in size, however, more shows were added to the list since then and some downloaded.

I had downloaded 47GB at the point in time that I made the initial post.

So as it currently stands and to better format my original post, the main areas of storage are:
97.8 GiB [##########] mnt/unionfs
47.8 GiB [##########] mnt/unionfs/encrypt​
47.8 GiB [######### ] mnt/unionfs/tv​
1.0 GiB [ ] mnt/unionfs/nzbget​
47.8 GiB [#### ] mnt/tdrive
47.8 GiB [#### ] mnt/tcrypt

As I only have 64GB of actual disk usage, I can only assume that the 47GB of downloads so far - while also uploaded and encrypted on TDrive - is still present on the local drive unless I'm completely overlooking something.

My assumption is that I've used 64GB, and 47GB of that is lingering local files, and the remaining 17GB is system/app files?

This is ncdu run over the highest level (keep in mind that this was run today, whereas my initial ncdu was last week and some additional storage has been used which is why there are some discrepancies in the numbers)

206.4 GiB [##########] /mnt
1.6 GiB [ ] /usr
1.2 GiB [ ] /var
445.2 MiB [ ] /lib
274.1 MiB [ ] /opt
76.9 MiB [ ] /boot
etc...

So you can see that the output's that I've detailed here are basically an overview of everything of note in regards to size on my server

@Some Dude That's good to know, I'll probably need to increase it then! At the moment this is only a relatively new fresh install, and I only have about 13-15 episodes in plex at the moment. Maybe I'm completely wrong somewhere in all of this, I just made the assumption that there would be ups and down's in disk space, but once everything's been processed it should be back down to a 20-30gb baseline or something along those lines?

Last edited:

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
compare what you see in /mnt/unionfs/tv to what you have in gdrive. Also check the pgui and blitz log to see if it shows any history of stuff being uploaded. It is possible stuff didn't get uploaded probably and that is the issue. And if that is, then we can start troubleshooting that specifically starting with a server reboot and redploying pgclone.

Kiminoth

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
I'm an idiot.

When I was running ncdu, I wasn't running it as root, and /var/ had a fair bit in there which wasn't coming up.

I checked portainer and I had a heap of images that were unused.

I ran prune and it cleared 41GB's worth of space, which makes sense, I now only have have 24GB of space used. The 41GB was throwing me off, making me assume it was the TV shows that weren't deleted or something of the like. I assume the excess images was from when I reinstalled PlexGuide, or something. Regardless, my disk space is now at a level that makes sense!

Sorry for wasting your time guys. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: MrDoob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.