Solved Trouble moving files (system is copying instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Gents

I'm having an issue where files are not moving (hard links), they're copying instead. I have a secondary drive set up at /mnt/media. This was setup in PlexGuide (my server.hd.path viable is /mnt/media) and files download to /mnt/media/downloads and my move folder is at /mnt/media/move. I can mv a file manually from downloads to move and it'll happen instantly. However, if I mv it to /mnt/unionfs/Plex/Movies/etc then it'll copy instead of moving...and then it ends up in the /mnt/media/move folder anyway. If I manually put something in the /mnt/media/move folder it'll appear in the /mnt/unionfs/ at the appropriate pathway (whatever directory I placed it in).

Does anyone know what I should do? I feel like I've got something set strangely. Please help!

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Original poster
Staff
Donor
BL: moving from /mnt/downloads/nzbget to /mnt/move is instant, and moving from /mnt/unionfs/nzbget to /mnt/unionfs/movies is also instant, but you can't move from outside the bind to inside, you have to copy (even if the same location exists inside and outside).

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.