What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Transferring to and from Seedbox

axlrod

I posted this on another thread buit maybe it is better to post a new one. My seedbox has Deluge right now but if there is a better solution I could switch. On the seedbox I have folders set up that take input of torrent files and based on where they input they output to move/tv/book/etc folders automatically.

1. What is the best way to have sonarr etc drop a torrent file on the seedbox?
  2. What is the best way to get the files back for sonarr etc to process them?
  3. How do I continue to seed the files without downloading them again and again?
I don't do a ton of torrents but I do occasionally when usenet fails. I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I have seen other posts that mention ssh-fs and resilio sync but none that go in to implementation specifics; specifically with #3 as I don;t want to just deleted the files off the seedbox until they are properly seeded.

Cryptids

Respected Member
Staff
Donor
I don’t understand point 3. Why would they just delete?

I use sshfs now. Only thing is I’ve never managed to get it to stick on reboot so always have to redo. Then set up radarr with torrent black hole.

Might not be the easiest but works for me.

I use feral for seedbox. It continues to seed as radarr and sonar simply copy as they don’t get granted permission to delete or whatever.

M

MrDoob

You can create an cronjob for rermounting after restart

sudo crontab -e

Simple. @reboot [ command here ]

So you can. Reboot and reboot and reboot the server and it will automatically remounted the sshfs drive ;)

Trasher

Respected Member
I installed rclone on my feralbox and used crontab / rsync to check every 15min for new content in the tv/movies folders and copy the content to gdrive. Setup sonarr / radarr remote path mappings accordingly.

Was using SSHFS previously, but it was pretty slow from feral to my hetznerbox

axlrod

I installed rclone on my feralbox and used crontab / rsync to check every 15min for new content in the tv/movies folders and copy the content to gdrive. Setup sonarr / radarr remote path mappings accordingly.

Was using SSHFS previously, but it was pretty slow from feral to my hetznerbox
Do you have a guide or the steps for how you set up rclone? I am using a tdrive with tcrypt if that makes a difference.

On my seedbox I have an IN directory to accept the tnt files and an OUT directory that they complete to subfolders in. For several years I have used crontabed rsync to upload the tnts and rsync again to download files and then manually moved them in to place, but that is not ideal.

tent/IN/{movies,tv,etc}

tent/OUT/{movies,tv.etc}

Trasher

Respected Member
Do you have a guide or the steps for how you set up rclone? I am using a tdrive with tcrypt if that makes a difference.

On my seedbox I have an IN directory to accept the tnt files and an OUT directory that they complete to subfolders in. For several years I have used crontabed rsync to upload the tnts and rsync again to download files and then manually moved them in to place, but that is not ideal.

tent/IN/{movies,tv,etc}

tent/OUT/{movies,tv.etc}
Your seedboxprovider probably have instructions, this is ferals: https://www.feralhosting.com/wiki/software/rclone

axlrod

Thank you so much! I am very close I believe. I have rclone set up on my seedbox and I have tested syncing files back and forth. I am working through the logic of rsyncing the new files and rclone move. But I am on the right path.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.