What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Traefik validation fails

vagabond

Blitz 3rd Class
PG Version
v8.6base
Server Type
Local - Virtual Machine
Hey!

I'm trying to switch my home rolled media server to PG. I'm not the most linux savvy but I'm comfortable on the command line.

I've got v8.6base (previously 8.6.6 that I upgraded in an attempt to solve this and other issues I'm having) running in VirtualBox on a MacMini. Initial setup went fine and I've got a biiiiig bandwitch limited rsync going to transfer my existing library to GDrive. I think my Traefik problem is DNS but I've got some other weirdness happening that makes me wonder if my install is bad.

My DNS is at NearlyFreeSpeech where I've set up a wildcard CNAME to duckdns. I previously had this domain aliased to another domain I own. I removed the TLD alias and only have www aliased (CNAME) elsewhere. I tried to set up a wildcard A record, per the error message in PG, but NFSN kicks it back saying I can't create an A record to a hostname, only an IPv4 address. My pfSense router is properly portforwarding and I can navigate to portainer.mydomain.com from both internally and externally. Yet the Traefik deploy validation fails. I'm not sure what to try next.

I don't know if it's related, but every time I try to install any apps, PG hangs on the final DEPLOY line, yet it's been able to deploy portainer, pgui, traefik. For example, here's where it hangs when I try to install qbittorrent where it will sit there until I Crtl-C out of it.
Code:

TASK [Setting PG ENV] **********************************************************
Wednesday 05 June 2019  14:17:07 -0400 (0:00:00.096)       0:00:15.709 ********
ok: [127.0.0.1]

TASK [Checking for existing app data] ******************************************
Wednesday 05 June 2019  14:17:07 -0400 (0:00:00.057)       0:00:15.767 ********
ok: [127.0.0.1]

TASK [Deploying qbittorrent] ***************************************************
Wednesday 05 June 2019  14:17:07 -0400 (0:00:00.381)       0:00:16.149 ********
Thanks for your help!

vagabond

Blitz 3rd Class
So, I just looked at my traefik logs in Portainer and these are the entries i'm getting (with domains and tokens obscured. Relevantly, in that URL, it says the domains=com. According to the DuckDNS FAQ, that domain is supposed to be my DuckDNS subdomain. And where have I put just 'com' in as a domain in the setup. In the Traefik setip for domain, I've entered the ******.com. Any ideas?

Code:
time="2019-06-10T12:29:20-04:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"******.com\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [******.com]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[******.com] [******.com] acme: error presenting token: request to change TXT record for DuckDNS returned the following result (KO) this does not match expectation (OK) used url [https://www.duckdns.org/update?clear=false&domains=com&token=******]\n"

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Trending