Not open for further replies.

Sn0wed

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Staff
PG Version
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
I recently decided to try the reverse proxy that was outlined in the Traefik youtube video so I registered my domain with Cloudflare. I went to build rebuild the containers through plexguide and couldn't access any of the containers except for Plex. I went on the local machine and pulled up portainer and the log files for Traefik and got the error below on a constant loop. I tried rebuilding the container manually which did nothing but crash Plex. Any help?

level=warning msg="Could not find network named 'plexguide' for container '/plex'! Maybe you're missing the project's prefix in the label? Defaulting to first available network."

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I recently decided to try the reverse proxy that was outlined in the Traefik youtube video so I registered my domain with Cloudflare. I went to build rebuild the containers through plexguide and couldn't access any of the containers except for Plex. I went on the local machine and pulled up portainer and the log files for Traefik and got the error below on a constant loop. I tried rebuilding the container manually which did nothing but crash Plex. Any help?

level=warning msg="Could not find network named 'plexguide' for container '/plex'! Maybe you're missing the project's prefix in the label? Defaulting to first available network."
your the first to report this issue. my next goal is to rewrite traefik for better sanity checks after finishing all these contianer rewrites. i honstely use godaddy and traefik, dead simple. there are some cloudflare guys here that may be able to assist :D

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I was trying to use freenom and Traefik, but there was no option for that.
ya in the rewrite, i'm going to add as many of the provider i can. duckdns works fine.

Xployt

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Sponsor
Patron

I actually had this error pop up to me this evening whilst testing 7.6.5. I'm also with CloudFlare.
Here's what you can do to fault find....
1) Re-Deploy Traefik whilst doing so make sure you are inputting your CloudFlare Email and API Key correctly when asked during the Traefik setup
2) Once done make sure you reboot your server

Hope this helps you @Sn0wed

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Can u post screens from portainer showing your network settings of plex?

Try to join plexguide network in portainer plex and restart the container, that might solve it

macfreaker

Blitz Sergeant
Patron
I have tried DuckDNS in the past and it still didn't work. Do I have to port forward my computer?
If you have your server at home then you have to forward ports in your router to your server.

Last edited:

Sn0wed

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Staff
Can u post screens from portainer showing your network settings of plex?

Try to join plexguide network in portainer plex and restart the container, that might solve it
Heres the one that plexguide automatically created, it won't let me join any other network.
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 11.00.32 AM.png

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I am also getting this message in the traefik log

"time="2019-01-08T20:06:07Z" level=warning msg="Could not find network named 'plexguide' for container '/plex'! Maybe you're missing the project's prefix in the label? Defaulting to first available network."

Also I've set mine up to use duckdns, followed tutorial and deployed it but there is no mention in the traefik log about duckdns.

doperyde

Blitz 2nd Class
Staff
I've always had the error in traefik logs regarding the plex container and the plexguide network, thought it was known/expected as everything seemed to be working properly. It is joined to the host network and seems it can't be joined to any other networks. Wasn't even able to tell it to leave the host network and join the plexguide network. I did not put much effort in, since things seemingly worked.

As for not being able to reach any of your apps via their respective appname.TLD address created when setting up traefik and cloudflare; Yes you would need to have ports forwarded in your router if you are hosting from your internal network (tcp 80 / 443). IF you don't open the ports, even if DNS resolves appropriately, the request is not going to make it into your network.

Additionally, in regards to plex, you want to forward it's port (default is usually 32400) if you plan on being able to access it remotely.

Lastly, if you also run DNS on your internal network, then you would have to configure your DNS entries appropriately internally (cname/alias' for each app) unless your internal DNS is just configured as a forwarder. (still gonna need those ports opened on your router if your dns is just forwarding)

OR you can manually edit your hosts file on the devices you wish to access the apps from............ (this is a poor solution imo!).

Reactions: gadgethome

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Thanks @doperyde for your info.

I have duckdns working working for a few years on my home network but first time try to get it working with PG on my virtual machine. Do I need to do port forwarding on the router for 80 and 443 to go to my 192.168.0.65 VM machine?

doperyde

Blitz 2nd Class
Staff
@Admin
I just did some quick research and the traefik error looks likely to be produced soley due to the way the linuxserver.io plex container is configured.

referencing:
https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/

--net=host - Shares host networking with container, required.

Special note - If you'd like to run Plex without requiring --net=host (NOT recommended) then you will need the following ports in your docker create command:

-p 32400:32400 \
-p 32400:32400/udp \
-p 32469:32469 \
-p 32469:32469/udp \
-p 5353:5353/udp \
-p 1900:1900/udp

Status
Not open for further replies.