shatdueces

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Staff
Donor
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Correct me if Im wrong but shouldn't Traefik, update or even create the sub domains needed to function? for some reason I noticed it is not creating or updating the needed ones.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Correct me if Im wrong but shouldn't Traefik, update or even create the sub domains needed to function? for some reason I noticed it is not creating or updating the needed ones.
you need to add the *, on the traefik rewrite, we'll add where it will do it for you.

thepj

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
What do you mean. mine doesn't do it either ?!?! :)
same, I have to manually add it for multiple separate sub domains, even with correct API and email address this hasn't ever (with any revision in the last few months, updated cloudflare.

macfreaker

Blitz Sergeant
Patron
Same here, Cloudflare does not create the subdomains. Tested now with GandiV5 and this is the same.So no subdomains at all. TLD is working perfect.

Last edited:
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

macfreaker

Blitz Sergeant
Patron
i went from cloudflare to godaddy. now everything works, also Https (y)
Have a domain @ godaddy but this even not work. TLD no problem but no subdomains. I don't know it anymore for now.

Solved with the * thing.

Last edited:
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

macfreaker

Blitz Sergeant
Patron
Did the * setup in godaddy dashboard, but still not working.
Or maybe I have to wait 24hours!!

Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 13.08.21.png

Last edited:

macfreaker

Blitz Sergeant
Patron
The dns servers around the world needs to kick in first. wait a little :)
I have found the problem, all the containers are working except the nzbhydra2 and Plex. There I get the error server not found for nzbhydra2 when deployed and 404 when trying to open Plex. Maybe @Admin9705 can look into it?

Screenshot 2018-12-13 at 14.59.54.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thepj

thepj

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
it does not create the subdomains, you have to put a * in
If I had that * wildcard in will it superceed other A records/subdomains that I have created, or just supplement it in the event that one isn't specifically called out? ....asking for a friend....

thepj

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
So, I fixed mine right now.....

1. First step was updating to latest PG version
  2. Added * per @Admin9705 instructions even though I was manually making these subdomains before
  3. Second step was realizing that the API key only has lowercase letters.
    1. It seems that when I copied and pasted it into my notepad (one note) it placed the first letter upper case.
  4. Redeploying Traefik
  5. All the containers now have HTTPS working properly through Let's Encrypt.
I can only assume this works now because lets encrypted couldn't validate the TEXT record that should have been there that Traefik was taking care of through the API.

Reactions: Poore and bubbadk

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
Reference Cloudflare, couple points:

1) Cloudflare does not allow wildcards, so the *.TLD doesn't work (unless you're a paying customer.) You have to add the "appname.tld" as a an A record or CNAME. For example, if your website is plexguide.com you should add a CNAME for plex, and then just the @ symbol for the Domain Name (or you can add the TLD, in this case plexguide.com.)

cname_cloudflare.png

2. Make sure you add a Page Rule for https://*.yourdomain.com/*
a. SSL: Full
b. HTTPS Rewrites: on (very important)
c. Cache level: bypass
d. (optional) Always online: off
e. (optional) Disable apps

b above is key to ensuring the https works with all the apps.
NOTE!!! the /* at the end of the site you're creating the page rule for is VERY IMPORTANT so it works for the site PLUS any redirects or sub-sites.

cloudflare_page_rule.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.