What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Traefik is Not Deployed Properly! Cannot Reach the Portainer SubDomain! Yet accessible?

Huntycanuck

PG Version
Server Type
Local - Virtual Machine
Traefik is Not Deployed Properly! Cannot Reach the Portainer SubDomain!

So I am getting this message, but everything is working that I can tell. I can access portainer.mydomain.com and it routes it to https:// just fine. PG Shield is working fine as well. I have tried a few new domains and get the same issue.

I am using cname records with * pointed to duckdns.org DDNS as I don't have a fixed IP. Again, this does work. I did also add cname portainer also pointing to duckdns.org as the error said it couldn't reach portainer.mydomain.com

Perhaps it is the duckdns.org causing me issues. Just wondering if the fact that everything works seemingly properly if I actually do have an issue or if I can just ignore it.

Some other details:
Using GoDaddy API -production version
As mentioned I tried a few new domains that had not reached their LetsEncrypt limit and got the same error.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 11.25.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 11.30.37 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Huntycanuck

I agree that adding portainer > IP does work and did so in my initial testing. I don't have a fixed IP so I can't keep an A record pointing to my IP. So, I am using DuckDNS.org DDNS service on Ubuntu. I point my domain hosted at Go Daddy via CNAME with * > mysubdomain.duckdns.org and and I have also added another CNAME portainer > mysubdomain.duckdns.org. Everything seems to be working, but the check still fails. I am not able to point * or portainer to my IP as it could change. duckDNS.org works perfectly to update the IP when it changes, but sadly I think the portainer check does not like this setup. Oddly I don't seem to get any errors when I go to any off my app websites and everything is directed to https://mysubdomain.mydomain.com. Perhaps I don't need to worry about this at all since it all seems to work.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I agree that adding portainer > IP does work and did so in my initial testing. I don't have a fixed IP so I can't keep an A record pointing to my IP. So, I am using DuckDNS.org DDNS service on Ubuntu. I point my domain hosted at Go Daddy via CNAME with * > mysubdomain.duckdns.org and and I have also added another CNAME portainer > mysubdomain.duckdns.org. Everything seems to be working, but the check still fails. I am not able to point * or portainer to my IP as it could change. duckDNS.org works perfectly to update the IP when it changes, but sadly I think the portainer check does not like this setup. Oddly I don't seem to get any errors when I go to any off my app websites and everything is directed to https://mysubdomain.mydomain.com. Perhaps I don't need to worry about this at all since it all seems to work.
No, it would fail outright :D Check the traefik logs in portainer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors