What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion tdrive.service and gdrive.service

plexguide

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi there,

I modified tdrive.service and gdrive.service files to increase --vfs-read-chunk-size and --buffer-size to prevent plex from clogging when playing movies that have large file size.
But every time when I reboot my server, those two files are restored to its original status.
Is there a way I can make it permanent?
Thanks,

hawk2g

Blitz 2nd Class
If you want to make changes to those files, you will have to "systemctl stop ufsmonitor.service" and "systemctl disable ufsmonitor.service".
This pretty much checks if your unionfs is working correctly by checking for a file in your gdrive/tdrive (some plexguide bin file). If it fails, it stops the services and replaces those files with the default PlexGuide ones and starts the services back up.

Once you make changes to those files, you will have to "systemctl daemon-reload" so you have use those altered service files.

astewart80

Blitz Noob
Hi there,

I modified tdrive.service and gdrive.service files to increase --vfs-read-chunk-size and --buffer-size to prevent plex from clogging when playing movies that have large file size.
But every time when I reboot my server, those two files are restored to its original status.
Is there a way I can make it permanent?
Thanks,
How did you perform this? I would like to do the same. Is there a thread that explains how to modify the two services?

haddoq

Blitz 3rd Class
That's great... at the moment I started with 8.6.1 but moved to 8.5.8 since you couldn't set transport method in 8.6.1 and that stopped it from doing anything at all, looking forward to being able to try that in another 8.6 version though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Trending