What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Tautulli showing docker network IP addresses instead of actual client IP address

hooper

Legendary Member
Staff
Donor
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
I have PG setup in the standard way but am using the cloudflare CDN. something I have noticed since making this change a few months back is that now Tautulli shows 172.18.0.18 for the IP address of all playback entries on the history page. the IP corresponds to the Treafik proxy.

Is anyone else seeing something similar? I occasionally get an actual IP address in the report, but the vast majority are always this same 172.18.0.8 IP address.

Any idea how to fix this so I can see the actual IP addresses of clients playing content on my system?

hooper

Legendary Member
Staff
Donor
Update: It seems like this is an issue with how Plex handles X-Forwarded-For and X-Real-IP headers for clients that are ipv6.

Interesting thread here https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-api-sessions-status-not-honoring-x-forwarded-for-x-real-ip-with-ipv6-clients/175705/29

As a temporary workaround I disabled ipv6 in cloudflare per the thread above. A CURL command like the following will do this if you have ipv6 enabled. remember to substitute your email and API information where needed.

Code:
curl -X PATCH "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/023e105f4ecef8ad9ca31a8372d0c353/settings/ipv6" \
     -H "X-Auth-Email: [email protected]" \
     -H "X-Auth-Key: c2547eb745079dac9320b638f5e225cf483cc5cfdda41" \
     -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
     --data '{"value":"off"}'
I will run with ipv6 turned off at cloudflare for a while to see if this workaround really does resolve this issue.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
techystreamer Blitz Apps 3
antigravity Blitz Apps 1
M Ideas & Suggestions 25
Cyb3rGh05t Blitz Apps 4
T Blitz Apps 32