What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Split between two servers

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

giannakis

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
Donor
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hello all,
It's been a month that I'm playing around with pgblitz and so far I was using just one server to do it all.
However I noticed that when files are uploaded the streaming capabilities are reduced a lot.
So I rented another cheap server just for downloading/uploading purposes. I don't know if that was a good decision...

Now what's the process I should follow in order to just use sonarr, radarr, nzbget and others on the cheap server and keep only plex and ombi for example on the first server?

I proceeded with installation of pgblitz on the cheap server from scratch and just installed sonarr along with the downloader and indexers. However I can't seems to find how I can make sonarr "Sitever" the already available (to gdrive) files.

Thank you!

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I run sonarr radarr lidarr and nzbget on my download feeder and everything else on a separate server. If the mounts are the same you should just be able to scan the disk and it will populate what's already there.

justanothernoob

Blitz 2nd Class
i have sab, nzbget, sonarr, radarr, backup/converter plex on one server and plex, tautulli and ubooquity on another, this helps spread the load a bit, but yeah blitz rclone upload is a massive internet hog same as sab is a resource hog :) hope this helps you with your setup ideas
EDIT-
Once i get to a specific point i think i will just use nzbget and not sab, but currently require both

Spoonsy1480

Blitz Samurai
I have a hetzner ex-42 nvme I can upload and watch plex on this machine before I had this I had a sb-26 and a sb-33 and both of these I struggled with doing both

fr0sty

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
Just backup sonarr, radarr, nzbget and others.
Stop the containers on server 1.
Restore on server 2.
Edit plex connect in sonarr/radarr
Done.

giannakis

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
Donor
Thank you all for your replies.
I guess having a "feeder" server is recommended by a lot of you. And it might be better in the end.
I backup all the necessary apps/container from server 1 and restored them to server 2 (feeder).
As fr0sty mentioned I had to edit the plex-connect settings and everything is as before!!
:)

artiume

Blitz 2nd Class
I experienced a networking issue when I offloaded my media storage from being local to a local NAS. When SABnzbd would complete a download, and sonarr/radarr would move the files, my server would come to a crawl because the downloaders would hog the upload capability of my server's NIC. I could not find a way to throttle the transfer rate so I just moved SAB, radarr and sonarr onto the separate NAS's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending