What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion [solved] Seedbox Suggestions?

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Hi All!

I've finally managed to get plexguide installed and all the applications are available so now I'm looking to actually put this in use, my main goal is to have just 2 - 3 users direct play movies and shows from my own computer but I want to use a compatible seedbox just so I can fill up my gsuite drive with content for a month but finding a seedbox doesn't appear to be as straight forward as I thought so I was wondering if anyone currently has a seedbox that's capable of transferring with r clone?

And also, it would be great if there was a setup explanation of how to transfer files from the seedbox with r clone and how plex reads the encrypted folder as I've not actually tried the entire process locally and not entirely sure how the flow works. Thanks in advance!

<Update>

Having considered a lot I actually decided on a different route, one mentioned on Plex guide that I overlooked as it wasn't really a "seedbox". I signed up to Google Compute Engine and got the $300 credit they provide for new accounts, with a 2 core server with 370GB NVME SSD (the setup detailed on PlexGuide) I installed plexguide on the server and installed all my apps. Google's GCE not only can download at 160MB(ish) but can also temporarily run my Plex Server as well, so for absolutely nothing I have essentially a seedbox for over a month and a plex server. I thought it would be worth mentioning in case some other newbies came along looking for a similar setup and not knowing how CCE could meet those aims and provide a Plex server at the same time.

Also, with the download speed capped to 50MB/s (a tip by admin) the server can upload at around 50/60MB/s meaning you upload as quickly as you download so although I have 370GB of storage I could queue 750TB and never run out of space. Pretty awesome setup! :cool:

Above all, thanks to everyone who commented on suggestions! (y)

Last edited:

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor

fzwatchmaker

Blitz 3rd Class
Does Feral supports Plexguide (PG Move) setup 100%? I'm using a seedbox that uses Docker Swarm and not able to use PG. I use Plex, GSuite, Sonarr, Radarr and Nzbget.

fr0sty

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
No, Feral has there own scripts as thats the seedbox bit, or you would have just a blank VPS or dedicated server. I started off with feral and always hit the 750gb/day gdrive caps, I use a cheap dedicated now, with the power of pgblitz (bypass 750gb limit) and qBittorrent that has recently been updated and is working real nice. you could snatch, HARD at max bandwidth.

I saw this SSD deal or HDD deal expires soon (no affiliation) it would be ideal to get started stuffing.

Last edited:

boganslayer

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Does Feral supports Plexguide (PG Move) setup 100%? I'm using a seedbox that uses Docker Swarm and not able to use PG. I use Plex, GSuite, Sonarr, Radarr and Nzbget.
Don't think you can install PG on Feral but they do let you install rclone, plex, sonarr etc.. Instructions are all in their wiki.

Feral has some great speeds if you want to try for a month bump up your ratio/upload content to your cloud through rclone.

fzwatchmaker

Blitz 3rd Class
Don't think you can install PG on Feral but they do let you install rclone, plex, sonarr etc.. Instructions are all in their wiki.

Feral has some great speeds if you want to try for a month bump up your ratio/upload content to your cloud through rclone.
I can do that now with my current seedbox, same price and specs.

The reason I like PG is the mergerFS / UnionFS feature. Plus it does not use Plexdrive. Plexdrive scans the root of GSuite and not just a specific subfolder. I'm using my GSuite with my CCTV and all my videos are being mounted on Plexdrive even though I don't use them for plex.

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I can do that now with my current seedbox, same price and specs.

The reason I like PG is the mergerFS / UnionFS feature. Plus it does not use Plexdrive. Plexdrive scans the root of GSuite and not just a specific subfolder. I'm using my GSuite with my CCTV and all my videos are being mounted on Plexdrive even though I don't use them for plex.
Are you using IP camera's? I have several including Nest, but none of them allow you to use your own cloud. They all want subscriptions to their own service.

Which ones did you get working with GSuite?
Thanks

djzidon

Blitz 1st Class
I had a great experience with rapidseedbox.com. You get root access.

One suggestion I have is you'll have to ask them to install Fusion for you, because I believe you can't mount gdrive without it (could be wrong on that).

They are super helpful, supportive, and responsive, and I had fantastic speeds with no lag. First box was in Europe, 2nd was in Canada.

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Are you already running PG on a dedi? If so, you can deploy deluge and be done with it. I run my own dedi as a seedbox next to a plex server. I used quickbox.io for that.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

fr0sty

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
deploy deluge
subse7en stated deluge is not supported officially with PG thus it's move to the community repo from the core.

qBittorent works real nice now and is fully supported core app. I made a suggestion HERE to make our dedi/VPS keep upload high and compete with those fast seedboxes in the initial swarm. Reports of even slower connections able to make decent ratio on tracker forums.

Last edited:

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
OH I guess I deployed deluge in an older version of PG. It was in the core apps back then.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Seedboxes.cc only for race boxen.
Its limited in UPLOAD Volumen.
For tracers-user is this perfekt .

But i mean .. the most user dont have any tracers Account or race boxes .

So IT's your choice to try.

But feral cant handle more then 1 UPLOAD to gdrive/tdrive

Edit ..

The connections of the Backend is 20GB you can never use the full 20GB Down and UP.
The limit is always the Hdd .
With the maximal wright speed 190MB or SSD 540MB

So for what 20GB > 2.155 GB wright speed

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Seedboxes.cc only for race boxen.
Its limited in UPLOAD Volumen.
For tracers-user is this perfekt .

But i mean .. the most user dont have any tracers Account or race boxes .

So IT's your choice to try.

But feral cant handle more then 1 UPLOAD to gdrive/tdrive

Edit ..

The connections of the Backend is 20GB you can never use the full 20GB Down and UP.
The limit is always the Hdd .
With the maximal wright speed 190MB or SSD 540MB

So for what 20GB > 2.155 GB wright speed

Thanks MrDoob!

So it look like your first recommendation "ferral" would be my best option at the moment? Also, you say Ferral is limited to 1 upload to gdrive, do you mean 1 upload at a time or?

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Sorry... i mean. Can

Not cant

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.