What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Software for initial Google Drive upload

pgblitzer

Blitz 3rd Class
I'm doing my initial upload of movies to Google Drive and because they are spread across a bunch of internal and external drives it's really annoying using the basic browser upload. I have to remember to keep going back to see when it hits the 750GB daily limit, then wait a day and retry the upload to resume, and my directories are not all multiples of 750GB so there's lost time due to that and me not always being able to get to it at exactly 24hr intervals, and so on, it just sucks :).

I'm looking for some software that I can tell what I wanna upload and it will just do it, and manage the 24hr waits and retry automatically etc. Something that runs from Windows preferably, I guess if I really have to I can setup a temporary Linux install. I guess at that point I would just install PGBlitz? I still don't really understand how PGBlitz works though, so that will add even more time, for now I mainly just wanna get the uploading done.

The only thing I found when searching was StableBit but I don't want to encrypt and afaik StableBit forces it. I know rclone can be setup on Windows too, but then it's not going to handle pausing and retrying and such.

I am also aware of Team Drive to get around that 750GB limit but outside of PGBlitz tutorials I don't know anything about it, I have no idea how to set that up standalone.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

hooper

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
yeah, pgblitz will do this for you.

you will need to figure out how to move your files form the windows hosts to the linux system running pgblitz. the pgblitz commands will then move all the data to tdrive and get around the 750GB daily limit.

there are a lot of ways to do this and I am not going to go into it. but you could do something like set up an ftp server on the ubuntu and an rclone remote pointing at the ftp and then use rclone copy commands to move the files from windows to the linux system. You then need to copy the files from the ftp destination to the /mnt/unionfs/tv or /mnt/unionfs/movies or whatever and the pgblitz commands will copy things to tdrive for you.

There is going to be a lot of trial and error here and I am not going to help you with that. There are a million ways you can get the files where they need to be for pgblitz to do it's thing - it is up to you to figure that out.

pgblitzer

Blitz 3rd Class
Thanks but I cannot do it that way as I don't have enough extra storage around to transfer all the movies to the Linux box. I would have to actually directly connect all these drives to the Linux box.

Anyway I was kinda hoping someone would say oh yeah try GoogleDriveUploadManager9000 it does almost exactly what you want :). I guess that doesn't exist.

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
You could install rclone on the windows machine and let that upload all your media to google drive. Once it's up there you can reorganize it however you need it for Plex or whatever and then point the whole thing at you PGBlitz box. That may/may not be easier than physically removing hard drives depending on how many we're talking about.

pgblitzer

Blitz 3rd Class
You could install rclone on the windows machine and let that upload all your media to google drive. Once it's up there you can reorganize it however you need it for Plex or whatever and then point the whole thing at you PGBlitz box. That may/may not be easier than physically removing hard drives depending on how many we're talking about.
Sorry I wasn't expecting any more replies. With rclone can you queue a bunch of directories and let it handle the waiting/retrying every day after it hits the 750GB limit? I thought that was handled by some kinda scripts in PGBlitz and rclone itself was just a tool for mounting and managing files on a Google Drive.

What I have done is just continue on with my manual browser uploads, but I did setup a Team Drive (now called simply Share Drive?) with one additional user to speed things up a little.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.