Discussion Sharing with friends

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Donor
Hi, I've setup an emby server to share with 2-3 friends. All works fine. Just wondering what is the best/safest way to allow them to add movies/tv requests?

1) Do I open up ombi externally, created users?
2) Is there a bot that could be used (Telegram?) to allow them to submit requests
3) What are other people doing?

Thanks

plex_noob

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
Nope if you use traffiek then you need simply to install it and it will be available at ombi.yourdomaine.name

Reactions: thepj
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

plex_noob

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
This is very strange. Could you explain a little bit you configuration. Are you using a local server or a internet server? What type of PG installation are you using? Normally installing PG should be straightforward and Traefik should work out of the box. Simply following the wizard in the command line.

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Donor
I did a local install on VM. If I turn on port forwarding for 443 (80 in use by my nas )then I can't access any 192. container even when I use 443. But I can using duckdns externally and emby is so slow I can't use it.

plex_noob

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
You should change the default port of your nas. Redirect all the trafic to Traefik (port 80 and 443) and configure Traefik to redirect something like nas.mydomaine.name to your nas. This way you can use the reverse proxy as well as you Nas web admin site.
If you need some explanations on how to configure Traefik to do that here is a howto.

Reactions: gadgethome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.