What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Set password for rutorrent or other apps

Dave Peterson

I am trying to find howto set logins for rutorrent and other apps that dont have build in security options.
I cant use the google thing offered in the panel as i am using different servers for feeder and media.
Also i dont like that option as i rather have normal logins.
There used to be AppGuard but i cant seem to find it anymore.

Please advise as i now have apps unsecured.

T

TheShadow

If you have any type of "appguard" or pgshield and you have a feeder / streamer setup, it won't work as you know. App to app communication won't work across servers when using PGShield. The same goes for the old "appguard".

You should enable PGShield and turn it off for certain apps that need to communicate to the other server. Those apps all have built in app auth mechanisms.

Dave Peterson

If you have any type of "appguard" or pgshield and you have a feeder / streamer setup, it won't work as you know. App to app communication won't work across servers when using PGShield. The same goes for the old "appguard".

You should enable PGShield and turn it off for certain apps that need to communicate to the other server. Those apps all have built in app auth mechanisms.
i do have that setup but i use 2 seperate domains for that so that shouldnt be a problem.
My issue is that setting up google stuff, i am the only one who can access it, or can i grant others access too?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
T

TheShadow

You can authorize emails in the PGShield settings, by default everyone must be a user in your gsuite, you have to modify the oauth project in the google console to allow public gmail accounts, which will then require google review.

The domains aren't the issue why what you want won't work as you expect.....
For example if sonarr/radarr is using pgshield on 1 server and another server you have plex, etc and you try to connect sonarr/radarr to plex (using the connect settings page), or if sabnzbd is on a different server than sonarr and they are protected with PGShield, you'll find out they will not be able to communicate.

pro_engineer

Staff
Donor
Patron
Ah sorry, dunno why that link didnt paste properly:

See below proper link, its weird it cuts out the Cloud to Cloud. Copy paste and remove the whitespace in the middle

https://github.com/ Cloud/Cloud/wiki/HTTP-Auth-Support

I've added other user emails to the oath before. You just add them through the cmd line and restart the docker, worked perfectly :)

Dave Peterson

Ah sorry, dunno why that link didnt paste properly:

See below proper link, its weird it cuts out the Cloud to Cloud. Copy paste and remove the whitespace in the middle

https://github.com/ Cloud/Cloud/wiki/HTTP-Auth-Support

I've added other user emails to the oath before. You just add them through the cmd line and restart the docker, worked perfectly :)
sorry but that link still does not work, so weird

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.