What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Service Account to bypass the 750GB limit: How?

RiCH

Blitz 2nd Class
Mount Type
Other
Server Type
None
Hi,

I understand the principle of how PGBlitz cycles through service accounts in order to effectively circumvent the 750GB daily upload limit which leads to the dreaded 'Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded'.

Have been trying to figure out a similar solution using Rclone for Windows, but here's the part I don't get: after the Service Account is created, the API is added by GSuite admin and the json is downloaded, there still needs to be an 'auth' with the existing Google Account to be able to access the existing drive - the 'access token'.

Rclone --drive-impersonate [email protected] will achieve this and allow access to an existing account, but the upload limit is still in place as you have to identify to the existing drive in order to be able to access that drive.

What's the part I'm missing?

If each Service Account should have it's own 750GB limit, how do you access an existing encrypted drive WITHOUT identifying using the credentials which have already passed that 750GB limit?

Here's my Rclone config:

[gdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
service_account_file = C:\Users\my.json
token =
Please help me figure this out - I already spent a whole day trying to make it work...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.