Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Donor
really nobody recomended netcup?

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
All hetzner fanboys here :)

Im still with netcup. There are plenty of threads out there.

@ postcreator: check out netcup ;)

Reactions: MrDoob

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Only the reason I use hetzner is the iGPU and the specs !

haagsemark

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Donor
but the speeds are amazing for a low price

Last edited:

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
What you get for the price is amazing.
Im pretty impressed with the VPS2000 there.

Sometimes network speeds drop down but i heard hetzner also has issues from time to time

Ps: still have netcup discount codes. Pm me i u need

Reactions: MrDoob

haagsemark

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Donor
got the RS8000 speeds are amazing

Reactions: pYTTH

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
I find netcup good for entry and budget setups.
I find personally highend is better with hetzner. But thats my personal opinion.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Netcup are painful to deal with, they block access to some newsgroup providers and when they refused to honour the commitment to cancel without charge within the trial period, I opened a case via PayPal and won. Now Netcup are trying to insigate collections activity against me. I’ve given up dealing with them and said i’ll see them in court. Strangely enough i’m not a fan.

Reactions: Admin9705

haagsemark

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
Donor
canceld 4 times never had that problem,... neither had any problem with usenet providers

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Eweka works fine with them, newsgroup direct is a non starter. Despite notification of cancellation within the satisfaction period and getting the runaround, resorting to PayPal dispute, them ignoring the PayPal dispute (they specifically stated they wouldn't participate?) and PayPal stepping in and refunding me in full, Netcup refuse to acknowledge my request to cancel and are still trying to bill be on an ongoing basis/initiate recovery via a 3rd party. On paper they look great, but a quick google suggests i'm really not the only one to experience issues.

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Its always personal preferences. Ive had massive trouble with online.net and trust me i've send 1000+ each month their way and they could not even give propper support.

I agree with you, the cancelation terms are s*hit. A prorata would be awesome

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
When online.net works, it's not bad value, the issue is when something goes wrong, you'll genuinely wish you'd never bothered. I've had identical servers in the same DC/corridor with massive performance differences, spent days diagnosing the issue, sent proof of the issue and the steps to reproduce it, yet according to online.net it's 'normal'. When I said they better fix the working server then because it clearly had something wrong with it if the other was 'normal' I stopped getting replies. Online.net/oneprovider aren't somewhere i'd recommend in the EU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.