What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Question about GCE

chrisalas93

Hello, thanks for responding promptly to my forum post. I also couldn't find the answer to my other question so I thought i'd reach out.

If im using Google Cloud with Free Trial credits for my PGBLITZ server what are my options when I run out of credits? I know I can run PG Cloud and create a new server, but im wondering if there is a process where everything can be backed up and restored onto the new server?

astroshare

Donor
Also to add to this, if you are using PGShield, deploy it before you start installing the apps, that way it doesn't have to rebuild all the containers when you load PGShield. Same goes for traefik.
I usually do (in this order)
1-PG Clone
2-Traefik
3-Port Guard
4-PG Shield
5-PG Vault (restore app's data from backup)
6-PG Box (deploy apps)

neik

This probably isn't the best topic to post this but anyway:

I just had a look at GCE and saw the 300$ credit during the test period of 12 months.
After doing some calculations I saw how pricy GCE is, about 50$/month for a 2-core, 5GB VPS - don't even know if storage was included or not tbh.

Is this the normal price or am I doing something wrong?

dallensmith

FreeLancer
Also to add to this, if you are using PGShield, deploy it before you start installing the apps, that way it doesn't have to rebuild all the containers when you load PGShield. Same goes for traefik.
I usually do (in this order)
1-PG Clone
2-Traefik
3-Port Guard
4-PG Shield
5-PG Vault (restore app's data from backup)
6-PG Box (deploy apps)
OK this is the closest I have been able to find these instructructions, please excuse my noobness
I have GCE deployed i installed pgblitz i set everything up but I cant find what to do after that.
I have some questions regarding this.

1. when you set up traefik, do you use the same domain and credentials that I used on my dedicated server?
2. After I have my apps restored and deployed, then what? do I leave the apps running on the dedi server too? How do I know what server they are running off of?
3. how do I know GCE is doing anything?

astroshare

Donor
OK this is the closest I have been able to find these instructructions, please excuse my noobness
I have GCE deployed i installed pgblitz i set everything up but I cant find what to do after that.
I have some questions regarding this.

1. when you set up traefik, do you use the same domain and credentials that I used on my dedicated server?
2. After I have my apps restored and deployed, then what? do I leave the apps running on the dedi server too? How do I know what server they are running off of?
3. how do I know GCE is doing anything?
1- If you want to use the same domain, then yes, use that domain and credentials.
2- You need to change your DNS provider (cloudflare, godaddy, etc) to point your domain to the IP of the GCE VM.
3- See #2.

dallensmith

FreeLancer
ok, so if i use the same domain point everything in the dns to the gce ip??
how do i access the apps on my dedi machine?

astroshare

Donor
if sonarr is running on your gce vm then yes.
what are you running on your dedicated and what on your gce vm?

dallensmith

FreeLancer
on the dedi i want to have just the plex and rutorrent running,
on the gce vm i want to have sonarr, radarr, sabnzbd, and ombi running
so i just point them all to the external gce ip?
also do i need to uninstall or stop them on the dedi?

dallensmith

FreeLancer
ok so i did that, and now the i am getting a bad ssl warning when i go to apps hosted on the gce, then a
404 page not found error

dallensmith

FreeLancer
no help?
Ive decided trying to set up on the same domain is a headache and i cant get it to work properly, gonna try a different domain

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.