What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

qBittorrent-VPN Environment Variables

ZeroFux

I'm hoping someone can help me. I installed qbittorrent-VPN but I can't figure out how to set the Environment Variables according to the github wiki. Any ideas?

DrgnFyre

Respected Member
You have to go to the portainer page (portainer.yourdomain .com) - stop the qbittorrent docker. click qbittorrent to open the docker, and then there should be a Duplicate / Edit button - click that, then you should be able to click on the 'Env' tab under 'advanced container settings'
adjust your variables, click 'deploy the container', and then say ok to the warning about replacing it - it should then start the new / edited container.

notorius28

Donor
In order to make it work, I needed also to delete the "Plexguide" network in the container... in case of your webUI should not show.

ZeroFux

Thanks, @DrgnFyre and @notorius28 It looks like I have it set up now. I selected Neatherlands as my connection for my .OVPN file and I see the VPN provider IP starting with 212 in the logs. The only thing that looks off (different from the WIKI article) is that qbittorent-vpn is listing on port 8080, but the WIKI says it should say 'listing on port 8998' and if it doesn't there may be a problem with my VPN configuration. How can I check that?

On one hand, I've had success just using NZBGet and newshosting and easynews, but I pay for PIA already so getting qbittorrent working with that VPN (and using jackett with sonarr/radarr) would be a good thing to do, right? On the other, maybe I shouldn't bother with it due to the risk/hassle of torrents?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.