What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Portainer not working with Traefik

A3eXy

Noob
PG Version
GDrive - 6.050
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
Hi everybody

I have problems to setup portainer via traefik.
If I try to connect via portainer.mydomain.com I get a "too many redirects". If I connect localy with 192.168.1.11:9000 I am able to login and manage all the containers.
The strange thing for me is, I can connect to all other containers without problems:
nzbget.mydomain.com => works
cloudcmd.mydomain.com => works
etc.

I recreated all the containers multiple times and also restarted the whole ubuntu system, but it's always the same behaviour.
I did a lot of googling, but unfortunate without success :(

I also changed the log level of Traefik to "DEBUG" and there are no entrys if I try to connect to portainer... but I get entries if I connect to nzget...

I have no idea where to look anymore - do you have any tip for me?

Traefik Container Version 1.7

Thank you very much for your help

timekills

Legendary Member
Staff
Donor
What nameserver system are you using with traefik?
Note that the portainer docker container is unique in that it is the only one that does not actually require the "portainer" sub-domain in the URL. I.E. going to "domain.com" will automatically take you to the portainer front end.

try "domain.com" and/or "https://domain.com/#/auth"

If you've completely rebuilt your system, my guess is our nameserver is bouncing back and forth between "portainer.domain.com" and "domain.com". The traefik install is pointing "domain.com" to "portainer.domain.com" and the the nameserver is pointing "portainer.domain.com" back to "domain.com" or some other location.

Hi everybody

I have problems to setup portainer via traefik.
If I try to connect via portainer.mydomain.com I get a "too many redirects". If I connect localy with 192.168.1.11:9000 I am able to login and manage all the containers.
The strange thing for me is, I can connect to all other containers without problems:
nzbget.mydomain.com => works
cloudcmd.mydomain.com => works
etc.

I recreated all the containers multiple times and also restarted the whole ubuntu system, but it's always the same behaviour.
I did a lot of googling, but unfortunate without success :(

I also changed the log level of Traefik to "DEBUG" and there are no entrys if I try to connect to portainer... but I get entries if I connect to nzget...

I have no idea where to look anymore - do you have any tip for me?

Traefik Container Version 1.7

Thank you very much for your help
After trying everything I knew to do, I finally changed the SSL type from "Flexible" to "Full", and this fixed the issue with too many redirects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.