What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Plexguide Update Fails (Stuck in loop)

rwdavis0530

PG Version
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
Today I decided to update my Plexguide running v6.029. When I ran pgupdate the GUI said that I needed to sudo rm /opt/plexguide and reinstall which I did.

On plexguide.com I followed the following instructions:

Conduct Update First :
sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get install wget -y

PG Install Method:
sudo wget -N https://plexguide.com/install.sh && sudo bash ./install.sh

During the installation process I get the following error. I did perform an interrupt to stop the install process and attempted and typed plexguide which started the install process again but receiving the same error.

My server is running Ubuntu 17.10

ERROR! no action detected in task. This often indicates a misspelled module name, or incorrect module path.

The error appears to have been in '/opt/plexguide/roles/airsonic/tasks/main.yml': line 19, column 3, but may
be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.

The offending line appears to be:

---
- name: Launch Core Task

^ here

Last edited:

rwdavis0530

Today I decided to update my Plexguide. When I ran pgupdate the GUI said that I needed to sudo rm /opt/plexguide and reinstall which I did.

On plexguide.com I followed the following instructions:

Conduct Update First :
sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get install wget -y

PG Install Method:
sudo wget -N https://plexguide.com/install.sh && sudo bash ./install.sh

During the installation process I get the following error. I did perform an interrupt to stop the install process and attempted and typed plexguide which started the install process again but receiving the same error.

My server is running Ubuntu 17.10

ERROR! no action detected in task. This often indicates a misspelled module name, or incorrect module path.

The error appears to have been in '/opt/plexguide/roles/airsonic/tasks/main.yml': line 19, column 3, but may
be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.

The offending line appears to be:

---
- name: Launch Core Task

^ here
** BUMP**
If anyone has any ideas how to resolve this please let me know. I'm somewhat dead in the water. It seems that my containers are still operational but my Pointaner no longer is running. I have not rebooted my server in fear that my containers will not restart and be further hosed. PLEASE HELP if you can. Thank you in advance!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors