What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion PlexGuide installing on private IP, not public?

djzidon

Blitz 1st Class
PG Version
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - VPS
I got something really weird going on.

Got a second box today just to test things out from Wishosting.

I installed PG was able to successfully restore from the vault and deploy, but when visiting the URL (ipaddress:6789), it just hangs and never renders. It appears that each app is deploying to my private IP, rather than my public.

I did have trouble running apt-get updates due to etc/hostname and etc/hostsnot matching, and then temporary failures resolving archive.ubuntu.com as well, but I was able to get past all of that and finally install PG. Perhaps there is a setting within PG (or on my box) that I can change to resolve this? I'd really like to take advantage of some of the extra HD space this new VPS will provide.

djzidon

Blitz 1st Class
This resolved completely by reimaging my box to 16.04 rather than 18.04. I believe the provider has a crappy distro for 18.04 that has a bad DNS setup

mquan164

Blitz 3rd Class
I purchased a NUC and set up plexguide on it, the reason being is that there was no way I could stream 4k movies from Hetzner to Australasia, and I found that even smaller REMUX movies buffered intermittently.

I set it up as a home server, and all the devices in the house play from that including having a local share network for browing the GDrive/TDrive. Made such an improvement.

But on the NUC I used ubunutu, so I can't comment on the RaspberryPI.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I purchased a NUC and set up plexguide on it, the reason being is that there was no way I could stream 4k movies from Hetzner to Australasia, and I found that even smaller REMUX movies buffered intermittently.

I set it up as a home server, and all the devices in the house play from that including having a local share network for browing the GDrive/TDrive. Made such an improvement.

But on the NUC I used ubunutu, so I can't comment on the RaspberryPI.
Good to know. Ya 4k... u need a great connection and system.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending