What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Plex Server not found

Jewjubes

Blitz Noob
My plex server isn't found after following the PGGuide to get setup. Upon going to the plex url the interface hangs on "Looking for Server". I've tried going through the common issues troubleshooting. Updated PGBlitz, restarted my server, redeployed the app and it's still not found. Not really sure what else to try. I'm running on Ubuntu 18.0.4.2

motu

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
sudo docker stop plex
sudo docker start plex

If failed redeploy
If works well done
I am having trouble with Plex deployment as well. I have tried redeploying Plex several times without success. Portainer gives me an error about the end point “ driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint Plex. Listen tcp o.o.o.o:32469: bind: address already in use “ I’m at a loss.

bloodray

Blitz 2nd Class
I am now having the plex deployment issue. Plex container gets created but does not start. Does not get an IP assign on the plexguide network so is inaccessible. The setup ends at CRON without any error output. Have tried reploying multiple times already. How do I try a clean install of plex alone (as the app is not in running apps)?

Added info: Trying to start plex pass docker produces this error:

Code:
Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dri": not a device node
Error: failed to start containers: plex

Last edited:

bloodray

Blitz 2nd Class
Thank you! Fixed the issue by running hwd patch for hetzner. Apparently the plexpass Docker doesn't install properly even first off without hwd patch.

mackattack57

Blitz 2nd Class
Thank you! Fixed the issue by running hwd patch for hetzner. Apparently the plexpass Docker doesn't install properly even first off without hwd patch.
HWD patch? hardware transcoding patch? just want to make sure since I am having the same issue

mackattack57

Blitz 2nd Class
Yes! If you are using Hetzner and have installed the Plex Pass version but haven't enabled hw transcoding on the server, this issue happens. Install the patch using pgblitz itself or search for hetzner hardware transcoding on google.
ok trying the patch now and will report back in ten minutes! I bought a new domain to redo my local system using my previous domain and ran into this issue on 8.6.5 and I never had it on my 8.6.3 build

mackattack57

Blitz 2nd Class
Yes! If you are using Hetzner and have installed the Plex Pass version but haven't enabled hw transcoding on the server, this issue happens. Install the patch using pgblitz itself or search for hetzner hardware transcoding on google.
This worked for me. I made an error setting up the new oauth kind of being in cruise control working with the other domain for so long. Thank you for your help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Members online