Invites Plex oriented tracker

doggy28

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
I like the idea of a ratio free tracker that is plex orientated as long the movies/tv's aren't reencoded. I have 24TB Seedbox that I can use to help. :)

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
I like the idea of a ratio free tracker that is plex orientated as long the movies/tv's aren't reencoded. I have 24TB Seedbox that I can use to help. :)
The most ( maybe all ) Files are "reencoded"

Scene / non-Scene files >> reencode to Plex optimized files ^^

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
I somehow managed to be a mod on the tracker now. Plex optimized is indeed re-encoded to be optimized for the best streaming. But non-encoded versions are allowed- there are still a decent amount of web-dl and such.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
I somehow managed to be a mod on the tracker now. Plex optimized is indeed re-encoded to be optimized for the best streaming. But non-encoded versions are allowed- there are still a decent amount of web-dl and such.
Direct play are the best !!

Web-DL are from.the source a encode ..

Also an reencode from an encode.

kalax

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
New to the forum and just found this thread, this is such an amazing idea, I've got a seedbox but I'm not familiar with uploading to trackers but I'll be more than happy to seed a lot of the content for as long as they're available.

I've always had issues obtaining movies/shows with FPO subtitles, so recently I decided to manually grab 1080 (possibly 4k) BluRay iso's, rip them with makemkv and re-encode them to a universal format (because my families devices vary), while maintaining the best quality possible that will also allow my internet to stream to family.

At the moment this is my current thought process for my files..
1080 Videos (4k will most likely be 265 but might try it with 264 to see how it looks)
Container: MP4
Codec: H264
Profile: High
Level: 4 (currently testing different levels with mine and families devices)
Audio English
Track 1: Stereo, AAC (downmixed from 5.1 or 7.1 depending on whats available)
Track 2: 5.1, AC3 (currently passthrough from DTS)
Track 3: 7.1, E-AC3 (currently passthrough from TRHD)
Subtitles English
Track 1: Foreign Only, PGS, Forced (thinking about burning this but might cause problems if I keep the other subtitles)
Track 2: Hearing Impaired, PGS

This will also include "movflags faststart" (handbrake: Web Optmize), currently I'm using handbrake to test how I want the files but will probably end creating a script with ffmpeg to do this automatically.

If I learn how to create torrents to upload I could share these files, in fact, if allowed I could share the iso for others to rip or I could rip the iso with all it's audio and subtitles leaving the re-encoding up to whoever downloads them, I only started doing this with a few iso files last night so it's still an early project of mine, but I will be more than happy to help provide seeding to the tracker regardless.

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
Staff
A little update. We got our beast of a seeding and encoding server up and running. We are currently working on auto uploading scripts and encoding hard to fill her up. Currentl flow has about 40-50 torrents a day being added. All optimized for plex and streaming in both movies and TV catagories.

OUr encoding power has increased. straining 12 cores and an avarage of 22 fps, instead of the 6 cores and 7-8 fps.

What we are looking for is seed support. Although we have a 20 TB beast, she's filling up nicely and it would be cool if we have some co long term seeders to start off with. OUr files are not big so you you don't need an expensive killer box like we do. We do not expect you to host every single file on our site but every little space and tiny bit of bw helps.

Expect is out there very soon.

Reactions: Freiner

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
Staff
Direct play are the best !!

Web-DL are from.the source a encode ..

Also an reencode from an encode.
NO no re-encodes from encodes. We encode streight from the 4K disk or bluray. Also our web-dl's are the actual streams from Amazon, Netflix and Hulu so they are not re-encoded. We actually ben those kind of releases all together since we aim at maximum quality and lowest bandwidth usage. Also scene rips are not allowed. We have a very specific set of quality rules for our content.

I don't know why you say those things cause they are totally irrelevant. In fact, you have no idea of what is going on in our house since you've not bothered to ask for an invite but still feel like you need to spread the word on how things are. I'm in the encoding game for 15 years and as I say so myself, am quite skilled in x264's and x256's settings. You better read up on a bunch of things before you post misleading info.

and by the way, direct play isn't good idea. In fact, Plex themselves tell people to use Direct Stream when having playback issues on certain devices. Direct stream takes the streams from a container and puts them into a suitable container for your device, without transcoding it. Direct play hands over the files as it is but if a certain device has an issue with let's say .mkv, that won't play well. so direct stream takes the ACTUAL audio and video steams and REMUXES them to let's say .mp4.

Last edited:

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
Staff
New to the forum and just found this thread, this is such an amazing idea, I've got a seedbox but I'm not familiar with uploading to trackers but I'll be more than happy to seed a lot of the content for as long as they're available.

I've always had issues obtaining movies/shows with FPO subtitles, so recently I decided to manually grab 1080 (possibly 4k) BluRay iso's, rip them with makemkv and re-encode them to a universal format (because my families devices vary), while maintaining the best quality possible that will also allow my internet to stream to family.

1080 Videos (4k will most likely be 265 but might try it with 264 to see how it looks)
Audio English
Subtitles English
Track 1: Foreign Only, PGS, Forced (thinking about burning this but might cause problems if I keep the other subtitles)

This will also include "movflags faststart" (handbrake: Web Optmize), currently I'm using handbrake to test how I want the files but will probably end creating a script with ffmpeg to do this automatically.

If I learn how to create torrents to upload I could share these files, in fact, if allowed I could share the iso for others to rip or I could rip the iso with all it's audio and subtitles leaving the re-encoding up to whoever downloads them, I only started doing this with a few iso files last night so it's still an early project of mine, but I will be more than happy to help provide seeding to the tracker regardless.
I like the way you think and your specs for your encodes. They match mine. I do use AAC audio up to 7.1 channels. If you encode it with the LC profile and with coreAudio, they sound just as good as DTS at a more then reasonable filesize. As for video I encode using CRF with some tweaked x264 settings and a special build of the encoder (x264 tMod). It allows to finetune stuff. Not a handbrake user myself but a tool is a tool and if it does the job for you and you fele familiar with it, then by all means, keep using it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kalax and PyR8zdl

PyR8zdl

Blitz 3rd Class

Audio English
Subtitles English

Yes this is all really good!

While @SirTranceALoT and I have access to pretty much any original disc or remux we could possibly need for our encodes, we could use someone like you on our tracker. Consider sending me a PM with your email for an invite. @SirTranceALoT may recruit you to the official CHX internal group, or you could use our tracker to release your work.

I have been working on a bot that uploads all Amazon, HULU, and Netflix Web-DL's released by P2P groups. We do NOT allow scene releases. The scene focuses on speed rather than quality.

Here is a quick look at Web-Dl's added to our tracker automatically.

We will be relying on our members to ease the burden of our release server by downloading and seeding the torrents. Once the torrent is healthy with multiple seeders we will stop seeding from our server to make room for the new daily uploads.

Also, Here is a quick comparison for one of our internal encodes. Our encode on right, and Untouched BluRay (NON Encoded) source on right.

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=e897da42-6486-11e9-8106-0edaf8f81e27

kalax

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
I like the way you think and your specs for your encodes. They match mine. I do use AAC audio up to 7.1 channels. If you encode it with the LC profile and with coreAudio, they sound just as good as DTS at a more then reasonable filesize. As for video I encode using CRF with some tweaked x264 settings and a special build of the encoder (x264 tMod). It allows to finetune stuff. Not a handbrake user myself but a tool is a tool and if it does the job for you and you fele familiar with it, then by all means, keep using it.
I've looked into using 8 channels AAC in the past but from what I could find, it's not wildly supported, even 6 channels isn't natively supported in a lot of devices or at least I've not found any device that supports it without issues so I've always stuck with whatever information I could find which is..

ACC up to 6 channels (although 6 channels isn't natively supported in a lot of devices)
AC3 6 channels
EAC3 6+ channels

That's why I've used AAC 2 channel, AC3 6 Channels, EAC3 8 channels since I know they're all supported, plex also has an article about this. this way the file can be played on mobile and devices that support 5.1 and 7.1 respectively, although I'm in two minds about running 5.1 AC3 for track 1 then Stereo AAC followed by EAC3 7.1.

I'm familiar with ffmpeg, I just don't want to write a script at the moment until I'm satisfied with how I want everything to be, so I downloaded handbrake for the time being, I also use CRF which I've been fiddling with atm using 22, main problem I'm having with handbrake atm is that it wont support the conversion of 8 channels instead its downmixing to 6, so it looks like I'll have to run ffmpeg in order to get the results I'm looking for also when I use ffmpeg I encode with AC3, EAC3 and libfdk_aac for AAC, at the moment though my current results are as follows..

ISO - 46.1 GB
MKV - 28.2 GB
MP4 - 8.22 GB (because of handbrake this has 2 AC3 5.1 and a stereo AAC)

if I convert MKV to MKV leaving DCA, TRHD and subtitles PGS the file is 10.93GB.

I'll be messing about with this using ffmpeg later, but ultimately I just want to make it as compatible as possible with majority of the devices used by family as well as future devices.

Quick note: I've also recently discovered (the hardway) that PGS isn't supported in mp4 containers :cry: which means either I keep the mkv container and leave them softcoded or hardcode fpo and ignore any other subtitles, I even considered trying to convert to SSA or SRT but that's not a walk in the park, only alternative would be to find the required subtitles online, but it simply comes down to do I want MKV with softcoded subs or do I want to use MP4 and ignore all subtitles but hardcode fpo.

kalax

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
Yes this is all really good!

While @SirTranceALoT and I have access to pretty much any original disc or remux we could possibly need for our encodes, we could use someone like you on our tracker. Consider sending me a PM with your email for an invite. @SirTranceALoT may recruit you to the official CHX internal group, or you could use our tracker to release your work.

I have been working on a bot that uploads all Amazon, HULU, and Netflix Web-DL's released by P2P groups. We do NOT allow scene releases. The scene focuses on speed rather than quality.

Here is a quick look at Web-Dl's added to our tracker automatically.

We will be relying on our members to ease the burden of our release server by downloading and seeding the torrents. Once the torrent is healthy with multiple seeders we will stop seeding from our server to make room for the new daily uploads.

Also, Here is a quick comparison for one of our internal encodes. Our encode on right, and Untouched BluRay (NON Encoded) source on right.

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=e897da42-6486-11e9-8106-0edaf8f81e27
That's pretty cool, as I said in my original post this is an early project for me, I'm still learning as I go and it original was for me to make videos from ISO's that suite my needs, at the moment I'm not familiar with uploading torrents and last time I tried to do this with rutorrent it just wouldn't seed despite following the trackers instructions lol.

I am willing to help in anyway I can be it seeding, encoding etc.. but I don't want to make promises I can't currently keep since I am still fiddlnig with converting these files to my own standards, I have no problems seeding for you guys thats 100% not a problem but at the moment until I'm satisfied with my files and I have some sort of batch encoder on the run, I wouldn't want to promise to upload and then not, if you know what I mean, only other option would be to send me a template of how you want them encoded (like a ffmpeg cmd snippet) and I could batch convert the iso's with your specs?? just a thought.

Reactions: PyR8zdl

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
Staff
You are right about the AAC audiotracks. Sad but true this is a plex issue that they refuse to fix. Some channelx are mapped wrong (center speaker on left and so on). Then it's easy to blame the codec. I've been succesfull in playing back my mp4's with upto 7.1 audio on everything I can throw them at, ranging from phones to HTML5 players. A good solution is to let the device decide what to do with the audio instead of plex having a go at it. PS3 devices for example have internal audiotranscoders that do a good job. I'm doing this on my xbox One aswell and works without a glitch.

As for encoding the audio, I use QAAC for that. It's probbably the best AAC encoder there is. it uses the Apple CoreAudio engine (you will need to install quicktime for it).

As for CRF, there are 2 modes: constant rate factor and constant quality. I use the second one. 22 is indeed a very reasonable value. most of mine I encode that way too, depending on the source (grainy, noisy,....). It is a bit of testing for every encode. There's not specific value for it.

PGS subtitles are huge since they are bitmapped based formats. In all honesty I don't mux subs into my mp4's. Unneeded subs take extra space. Same thing with audio. Most people want subtitles in their native language anyhoot so they mostly end up downloading their own anyway.

Your sizes are good for your encodes. Specially with the extra audiotrakcks. my bitrates for video range between 5.6 and 8 mbps. There are exceptions though for very old content. Those tend to run a bit higher.

MP4 doesn't support PGS subtitles. Only text based subtitles. But, no worry about that. There's this handy tool to convert them. It works very well. Used it many times before. https://subtitletools.com/convert-sup-to-srt-online

I'm just gonna say it again, you have a right approach to make these files work. i would suggest not trying to shuv too much streams into one file. That can also break device compatibility. I found that out the hard way too. If you feel like having an encoding chat, feel free to drop by our discord channel anytime (counts for all of you guys too ofcourse) https://discord.gg/x65FxW

Reactions: kalax

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
Staff
And seeding is more then enough help we can get. As soon as you're ready, jump into the encoding. It takes a long time indeed to get it right. At least you're trying and not going for the quick one click approach haha. already respect for that.

Reactions: PyR8zdl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.