What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Plex not Auto adding new files

antigravity

Respected Member
I've followed the PgBlitz Plex guide, ticked the appropriate boxes in the Library Scan settings (ticked partially scan folders, left the rest unticked), and it never picks up new files added to the appropriate UnionFS folders.

I have to manually run a scan to pick changes up.

Should it auto detect new files and auto scan?

antigravity

Respected Member
Doesn't work.

Here you can see the latest episode was added at 11:28am

1565920394477.png

It is now 11:52am and it doesn't appear in the Plex library

1565920321766.png

File exists in /mnt/unionfs/TV/The Outpost/Season 2/ where Plex reads the other files from:

1565920573750.png

did you set up your plex media server under connections so it will get notified to scan on download/upgrade/rename? ive always had to set that up in sonarr/radarr/lidarr to have plex scan with this setup since it doesn't actually seem to 'see' changes in /mnt/unionfs/whatevers.

heres the wiki link for setting it up in lidarr but sonarr and radarr settings are just about identical.

antigravity

Respected Member
did you set up your plex media server under connections so it will get notified to scan on download/upgrade/rename? ive always had to set that up in sonarr/radarr/lidarr to have plex scan with this setup since it doesn't actually seem to 'see' changes in /mnt/unionfs/whatevers.

heres the wiki link for setting it up in lidarr but sonarr and radarr settings are just about identical.

Thanks no I didn't do any of that because it doesn't mention it in the Plex wiki.

ObsidianRage

Won’t doing this (and what the wiki has been updated to say) result in Slowing down your server and Google Drive API bans, as plexguide in its current form doesn’t support Plex auto update only modified folders.

Connecting Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr in this way will trigger a full library scan for every new item added. This means your library will constantly be scanning as all of the scans will be questioned up.

I could be wrong here, but that was my understanding.

The Wiki used to say that you should have automatic scanning and partial scans turned off while turning on scan periodically to around 2 hours (mine is set to every 6 hours as it tends to cause less problems with 720p to 1080p upgrades)

antigravity

Respected Member
Thanks everyone - will have to look into plexautoscan - cheers

cyberoxide

So I was having an issue with Plex automatically scanning and adding Movies and TV Shows as well. I had followed the instructions as mentioned in the wiki connecting Radarr and Sonarr to Plex to update the library and made sure that only partials scans were selected in the Plex library settings. I then decided to perform a test.

I searched an added a movie in Radarr, which began to download in NZBget. Once it finished downloading I monitored Plex to see if it would begin a folder scan. To my surprise, Plex did start a scan on my Movie library however, the movie was not added. I waited an additional 15 minutes to see if it would initiate another scan once the movie had completely uploaded to GDrive but it had not. I verified that the movie had moved to /mnt/unionfs/movies/ as it should and it did. I then manually scanned the Movie library again and then it showed up.

I am not sure what the issue is? Am I missing something?

I am pretty confident that I have my folder structures set up correctly in Radarr and Sonarr:
Remote Path: /mnt/Media/downloads/nzbget/ (I use a second processing disc)
Local Path: /mnt/unionfs/nzbget/

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors