What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Plex Library Update interval with GCE

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Shmee

Blitz 3rd Class
Since with GCE, you're downloading to google server, then transfering to google drive, what setting are you using to update plex in a timely manner? I tried detect changes, but it takes too long to detect any added movies.

Kn0s

Blitz 1st Class
Yes this works fine on the same server. When you have a plex box and a GCE feeder box, you can’t do it quite the same way. It works but you are always 1 or 2 downloads behind. This is because things take a bit of time to upload to Tdrive. But sonarr/radarr tells plex to scan right away. You can use Pgscan but it’s not “pgblitz” friendly yet, so the setup is much more of a challenge.

kamos69

Blitz Sergeant
Donor
PG Scan is coming in version 8.9. Until then, you can use the plex_autoscan. I have a feeder using PG Blitz encrypted and a main server. With blitz, most movies and tv shows upload in less than 10 mins. Set the wait time in plex_autoscan to 600 seconds and you're good to go. PM me if you need help configuring Plex_autoscan or you could read my guide here: https://pgblitz.com/threads/plex-automatic-scanning.1943

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
PG Scan is coming in version 8.9. Until then, you can use the plex_autoscan. I have a feeder using PG Blitz encrypted and a main server. With blitz, most movies and tv shows upload in less than 10 mins. Set the wait time in plex_autoscan to 600 seconds and you're good to go. PM me if you need help configuring Plex_autoscan or you could read my guide here: https://pgblitz.com/threads/plex-automatic-scanning.1943
will be in version 9. working on it so far. won't be an 8.7

Kn0s

Blitz 1st Class
Are your ports closed? I had trouble getting it to work when the feeder couldn't connect to the plex server.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Porkie

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
The ports shouldn't matter, Plex_autoscan should be ran on the same machine as Plex. If you are running a feeder and a local plex server then you would need to open the set port in the plex_autoscan config on your home router.

Kn0s

Blitz 1st Class
The ports shouldn't matter, Plex_autoscan should be ran on the same machine as Plex. If you are running a feeder and a local plex server then you would need to open the set port in the plex_autoscan config on your home router.
This was my problem, I have GCE feeder and plex on hetzner VPS. I simply couldn't find a decent way of making updating work.

Porkie

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
It would be better if you explained your workflow a bit better. Im going to assume downloaders/radarr/sonarr are on GCE, then Plex is on the Hetzner server. If so google or search github for plex_autoscan and follow the instructions for install. It is also better to add you hetzner server user to the docker group if you are running it from a container.

Code:
sudo usermod -aG docker username
Then once you have setup plex_autoscan you need to create a webhook under the connect settings or Sonarr and Radarr with the output link that plex_autoscan creates in the logfile.

Kn0s

Blitz 1st Class
It would be better if you explained your workflow a bit better. Im going to assume downloaders/radarr/sonarr are on GCE, then Plex is on the Hetzner server. If so google or search github for plex_autoscan and follow the instructions for install. It is also better to add you hetzner server user to the docker group if you are running it from a container.

Code:
sudo usermod -aG docker username
Then once you have setup plex_autoscan you need to create a webhook under the connect settings or Sonarr and Radarr with the output link that plex_autoscan creates in the logfile.

I have setup auto_scan before. Was trying to use the other methods (rclone/gdrive watching.) Because I had all my ports closed on my plex vps because of trafik. You think it possible to make it work? (Setup is as you say, sonarr/radarr on GCE)

Porkie

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Port guard only closes the ports for the apps you are using and intsalled with PGblitz. So anything you install outside of PGblitz ports should be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.