Status
Not open for further replies.

CyborgPirate

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hey, I recently upgraded to version 8 and now Plex is giving me this browser error:
This page isn’t working
[Domain name] redirected you too many times.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have tried in an incognito window and the same result happens. I can access sonarr and radarr fine. I think it might have something to do with my cloud flare settings. Once I turn off all the crypto settings I get this in the incognito window

This site can’t provide a secure connection
[Domain Name] uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Any ideas?

CyborgPirate

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Fixed it in the end by turning off cloud flares cloud CDN redirect (clicked the orange cloud on the DNS record to make it grey). I didn't find the true fix but it's clearly a cloud flare settings issue, this way I've just bypassed the settings.

bodgeup

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Yeah when you have the Orange Box Ticked on Cloudflare as you say your then using the Cloudclare CDN Network for caching,

Did you try just changing your Crypto Settings with the Caching turned on? With CloudFlare HTTPS you by default use universal SSL certificates which means that even if your Target server doesnt support HTTPS you can redirect HTTP to HTTPS using the Crypto settings of cloudflare and its universal SSL certs (if you look at the SSL Cert with caching and crypto enabled youll see the SSL cert contains a number of SAN's as you essential share cloudflares universal SSL cert with other Cloudfare sites.

Essentiall you most likelly had a SAN missmatch which ive had in chrome myself recently as Chrome has now become very fussy about its SSL on the HTTPS sites you view. Its either that or you have some sort of HTTPS web filtering in your Security on your client end where your seeing the Chrome error.

But you should be fine with it bypassed as you have already done as Plexguide with Traeffik & PGDefense enabled will use an autogenerated Letsencrypt SSL cert anyway so you dont need to worry about HTTPS when comming in via ur Traeffik urls, but you wont be using HTTPS if your only using your ips & ports directly.

Reactions: CyborgPirate

CyborgPirate

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
Yeah when you have the Orange Box Ticked on Cloudflare as you say your then using the Cloudclare CDN Network for caching,

Did you try just changing your Crypto Settings with the Caching turned on? With CloudFlare HTTPS you by default use universal SSL certificates which means that even if your Target server doesnt support HTTPS you can redirect HTTP to HTTPS using the Crypto settings of cloudflare and its universal SSL certs (if you look at the SSL Cert with caching and crypto enabled youll see the SSL cert contains a number of SAN's as you essential share cloudflares universal SSL cert with other Cloudfare sites.

Essentiall you most likelly had a SAN missmatch which ive had in chrome myself recently as Chrome has now become very fussy about its SSL on the HTTPS sites you view. Its either that or you have some sort of HTTPS web filtering in your Security on your client end where your seeing the Chrome error.

But you should be fine with it bypassed as you have already done as Plexguide with Traeffik & PGDefense enabled will use an autogenerated Letsencrypt SSL cert anyway so you dont need to worry about HTTPS when comming in via ur Traeffik urls, but you wont be using HTTPS if your only using your ips & ports directly.
Thanks for your reply. I did try to turn off all the crypto settings first which is when it gave me the second error. I thought it might have been HSTS which gets stored on client browsers for over a month which would have been really annoying. However once no longer routed through cloudflare, it started working... So not HSTS related as those headers are still stored on my browsers due to having visited within the last month

bodgeup

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
So was you using HSTS under Crypto on Cloudflare then? Ive always either left this off or set it to loose settings if i have to use it. Its got some really agro requirements to utilize it even loosly on cloudflare, also dont forget to flush the Cloudflare cache or use development mode if make changes on Cloudflares cdn settings.

But hey you have it working with Plexguide on Cloudflare by bypassing the CDN stuff which you would only really need in specific scenarios and another problem with CloudFlare CDN is it only works for ports 80 & 443 by default. Seeing that as i mentioned Traeffik has the letsencrypt acme stuff in it you dont even have to worry about SSL stuff (allthough saying that i am having issues myself again with HTTPS redirects for Traefik urls)

Anyway i wont post anymore seeing as this thread is resolved.... lol

Reactions: CyborgPirate

CyborgPirate

Blitz 1st Class
Original poster
So was you using HSTS under Crypto on Cloudflare then? Ive always either left this off or set it to loose settings if i have to use it. Its got some really agro requirements to utilize it even loosly on cloudflare, also dont forget to flush the Cloudflare cache or use development mode if make changes on Cloudflares cdn settings.

But hey you have it working with Plexguide on Cloudflare by bypassing the CDN stuff which you would only really need in specific scenarios and another problem with CloudFlare CDN is it only works for ports 80 & 443 by default. Seeing that as i mentioned Traeffik has the letsencrypt acme stuff in it you dont even have to worry about SSL stuff (allthough saying that i am having issues myself again with HTTPS redirects for Traefik urls)

Anyway i wont post anymore seeing as this thread is resolved.... lol
Yes I was using HSTS because it was the only way I could find to force SSL on 7.x for some reason. I think it was over kill but I was under a time constraint and didn't really think of the long term implications at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz Developer Donations