What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion please explain rclone functionality (directory based)

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

mobo

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
Donor
Hello,

I cant figure out how rclone moves the data to gdrive. Just want to learn here :)

I know finished downloads land in '/mnt/unionfs/nzbget/'
Radarr/Sonarr searches in there and moves it to '/mnt/unionfs/movies/'

Here is where I am lost. Somehow rclone moves stuff to '/mnt/move' during uploading to gdrive.
So what black magic happens with '/mnt/unionfs/movies/' that it is locally present (where Radarr/Sonarr moves stuffs), but also represents content of gcloud.

Very confused here :/

And if plex accesses a media, is this media temporary loaded onto the server or is it passed through from gdrive? So question here is if free storage changes during watching a movie (without transcoding).

Greets, Mobo

Last edited:

loa92

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
There is a PGUnion service that mounts several directories together and this becomes the /mnt/unionfs/ directory that you know and love.

When Sonarr or Radarr moves a file to /mnt/unionfs/ the PGUnion service makes this file fall into /mnt/move/. There is a move service that monitors this directory and utilizes rclone to do the move to your gdrive.

This move is never seen by Sonarr, Radarr and Plex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.