What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

PGShield DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

anoop

PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to setup my server and I'm running into a problem when I install PGShield. Everything seems to work with traefik and port guard(I've ensured that portainer.mydomain.com is working).

I install PGshield (per these instructions: https://github.com/PGBlitz/PGBlitz.com/wiki/PG-Shield). When I go to portainer.mydomain.com, I am shown the google authentication screen and when I select one of my approved google accounts, I get the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on chrome.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this error?

Thanks

artiume

So the issue is your Dns server (most likely your router at this point) can't resolve your domain.

I'm going to assume that your server is local and not cloud based. Hairpinning is probably what you need.

Try and access your site from outside your house, see what happens

The DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN problem was started due to incompatibility of IP addresses with computer DNS. To be more technical, DNS converts all messages from a domain into a form of IP address. The real problem arises when someone enters a URL in their browser; it's up to DNS to find a server with the appropriate server IP address. While in the general case, the search process is directed to the target site, but if the DNS fails, this will produce an error. Changing DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS , or remove all cookies and cached files on your browser will help to resolve this issue immediately. Like any other error, there are several ways you can solve these problems by yourself:

• Release or Renew Your IP Address
  • Change DNS server
  • Restart DNS Client service
  • Reset hosts file
  • Reset Chrome Flags
  • Reset Winsock program

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.