What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion PG9 Feedback Forum

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
On a more useful feedback point; I've wiped my Hetzner dedicated server and I'm setting up PG9 for the first time. Ubuntu 18.04, manually installed Git and Ansible.

When trying to deploy SDrive Unencrypted I've getting the following error
1567003025032.png

I've also noted that after this error restarting PgBlitz causes the initial install process to happen again (installs PGUI, Portainer etc & it wipes Traefik if that's already been deployed) Have tried rebooting, using PgUpdate to "reinstall" but no luck so far. Any suggestions?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
On a more useful feedback point; I've wiped my Hetzner dedicated server and I'm setting up PG9 for the first time. Ubuntu 18.04, manually installed Git and Ansible.

When trying to deploy SDrive Unencrypted I've getting the following error
View attachment 3638

I've also noted that after this error restarting PgBlitz causes the initial install process to happen again (installs PGUI, Portainer etc & it wipes Traefik if that's already been deployed) Have tried rebooting, using PgUpdate to "reinstall" but no luck so far. Any suggestions?
Oh no, ya in the notice i put as an early beta and not to use as a primary server. I'm running a hetzner cloud instance and haven't come across that. The problem is the bug is higher, can't tell what that is.

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
Oh no, ya in the notice i put as an early beta and not to use as a primary server. I'm running a hetzner cloud instance and haven't come across that. The problem is the bug is higher, can't tell what that is.
No worries, I knew what I was getting myself in to when I wiped the server :D I can go back to PG8 if I absolutely have too :). Here's a full dump of what was displayed after hitting deploy

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
No worries, I knew what I was getting myself in to when I wiped the server :D I can go back to PG8 if I absolutely have too :). Here's a full dump of what was displayed after hitting deploy

I got passed this problem somehow. I'll write below a list of things I did differently this time, I have no idea which of them fixed the problem though.

1. After wiping the server fully again I manually installed Git, Ansible & the latest version of Python3 (didn't install python manually before)
2. When I wiped the first time I changed the hostname of my server, I changed it back this time.
3. I had used all of the service account spaces in GCP so I wiped all of my old PGblitz and GDSA service accounts and generated 01, 02, 03 etc keys this time.
4. Deleted and created a new OAuth Client ID in GCP, this is the first time this has been changed in 6 months+

Hopefully this is of _some_ kind of help, although I can't see why any of these would cause problems really.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I got passed this problem somehow. I'll write below a list of things I did differently this time, I have no idea which of them fixed the problem though.

1. After wiping the server fully again I manually installed Git, Ansible & the latest version of Python3 (didn't install python manually before)
2. When I wiped the first time I changed the hostname of my server, I changed it back this time.
3. I had used all of the service account spaces in GCP so I wiped all of my old PGblitz and GDSA service accounts and generated 01, 02, 03 etc keys this time.
4. Deleted and created a new OAuth Client ID in GCP, this is the first time this has been changed in 6 months+

Hopefully this is of _some_ kind of help, although I can't see why any of these would cause problems really.
no it's good to know incase of repeated issues. when using pgblitz, it's much better off than v8 and should have less permission issues and etc.

Daveid

Staff
Just thought i'd raise the potential pain changing folder paths will cause users.
@antigravity you can quickly and easily change all your media in Plex over to the new directory scheme in PG9. Run the following SQL query on the database while Plex isn't running (after you made a backup of course):

SQL:
UPDATE section_locations
SET root_path= replace(root_path, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where root_path like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

UPDATE media_parts
SET file= replace(file, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where file like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

UPDATE media_streams
SET url= replace(url, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where url like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

UPDATE metadata_items
SET guid= replace(guid, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where guid like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

@Admin9705 I did exactly this when the mounts changed from /unionfs/ to /mnt/unionfs/ a while ago, and it worked just fine! I would advise making this method aware to PG9 users or even implement it in an upgrade script.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
@antigravity you can quickly and easily change all your media in Plex over to the new directory scheme in PG9. Run the following SQL query on the database while Plex isn't running (after you made a backup of course):

SQL:
UPDATE section_locations
SET root_path= replace(root_path, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where root_path like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

UPDATE media_parts
SET file= replace(file, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where file like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

UPDATE media_streams
SET url= replace(url, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where url like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

UPDATE metadata_items
SET guid= replace(guid, '/mnt/unionfs/', '/pg/unity/')
where guid like '%/mnt/unionfs/%';

@Admin9705 I did exactly this when the mounts changed from /unionfs/ to /mnt/unionfs/ a while ago, and it worked just fine! I would advise making this method aware to PG9 users or even implement it in an upgrade script.
Oh nice! Thanks for that. Wasn’t aware.

UncleBuck

Staff
I am testing the PG9 install on a Hetzner VPS. Everything went well until I tried to access the vault. After choosing 7 > 1 from the pgblitz menu I get the blow output and then it just brings me back to the main menu.

1567103051049.png

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I am testing the PG9 install on a Hetzner VPS. Everything went well until I tried to access the vault. After choosing 7 > 1 from the pgblitz menu I get the blow output and then it just brings me back to the main menu.

View attachment 3647
just repaired pgshield; vault is next on the list.

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
@Admin9705 Some more things from me I'm afraid.

What is /pg/transfer used for in V9? It seems to be causing problems with my /pg/unity set up because /transfer is either cached or not working correctly -- it's showing an old and incorrect version of my Shared Drive. I've manually removed /pg/transfer from my Rclone config now and so that things are displayed correctly but it would be good to understand what it's used for to see if/how it needs fixed.

Realised what Transfer is for, I use a secondary hard drive as my processing disk. Looks like /Transfer wasn't created on this drive as the Transfer service was erroring that the folder was missing. This leads me to a new question, in the Rclone config should we be using /pg/transfer or (if using another processing disk) otherdisk/transfer?

Also, I noticed that /pg is missing as a volume from a few containers so currently we can't use /pg/unity/movies etc in Radarr/Plex/Emby. I've opened a pull request below to update this:

Thanks!

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
@Admin9705 Some more things from me I'm afraid.

What is /pg/transfer used for in V9? It seems to be causing problems with my /pg/unity set up because /transfer is either cached or not working correctly -- it's showing an old and incorrect version of my Shared Drive. I've manually removed /pg/transfer from my Rclone config now and so that things are displayed correctly but it would be good to understand what it's used for to see if/how it needs fixed.

Realised what Transfer is for, I use a secondary hard drive as my processing disk. Looks like /Transfer wasn't created on this drive as the Transfer service was erroring that the folder was missing. This leads me to a new question, in the Rclone config should we be using /pg/transfer or (if using another processing disk) otherdisk/transfer?

Also, I noticed that /pg is missing as a volume from a few containers so currently we can't use /pg/unity/movies etc in Radarr/Plex/Emby. I've opened a pull request below to update this:

Thanks!
Hey thanks for the feedback. I've gotten plex to work, but will check the request! Thanks for the push! So /xxx/transfer ... when using a secondary disk, it would be the name of that. I haven't gone through the full testing for that yet but if you changed it or did something; how did it work out?

Last edited:

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
It looks like there's some stuff missing/not been ported yet for the processing disk option. At a glance it looks like quite a bit of the Rclone config is hard coded with /pg/transfer etc. I'll see what I can do to update the Rclone config to use variables so that /transfer can be placed on the secondary processing disk like it should be.

Screenshot below is when running through the "change processing disk" option from settings, you'll understand what's going on here much better than I will :)

1567163640374.png

Edit: Staff badge? I feel very humbled and honoured :D

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
It looks like there's some stuff missing/not been ported yet for the processing disk option. At a glance it looks like quite a bit of the Rclone config is hard coded with /pg/transfer etc. I'll see what I can do to update the Rclone config to use variables so that /transfer can be placed on the secondary processing disk like it should be.

Screenshot below is when running through the "change processing disk" option from settings, you'll understand what's going on here much better than I will :)

View attachment 3648

Edit: Staff badge? I feel very humbled and honoured :D
Thanks, ya that's what it is. I haven't gotten to that area right now. Currently working on PGVault. Also adding the option to allow users to backup to a particular location such as gd/sd/gc/sc and a particular folder instead of just /plexguide.

PlexFan

Staff
Thanks, ya that's what it is. I haven't gotten to that area right now. Currently working on PGVault. Also adding the option to allow users to backup to a particular location such as gd/sd/gc/sc and a particular folder instead of just /plexguide.
Hope to see it soon so I can test my prior restores.

benamira

FreeLancer
Donor
Hello, finally i had time to repurpose and old mac mini, installed ubuntu and use this machine as TEST to try PG9.
I have installed PG 9.0.1, after some initial issues (ansible installation first), everything is set up.

I found this:.
The service "permissions" was using 99% CPU all the time. I can not understand why, i have stopped it as it does nothing for me at this point. The server now is OK and under 10% CPU usage.

PlexFan

Staff
Hello, finally i had time to repurpose and old mac mini, installed ubuntu and use this machine as TEST to try PG9.
I have installed PG 9.0.1, after some initial issues (ansible installation first), everything is set up.

I found this:.
The service "permissions" was using 99% CPU all the time. I can not understand why, i have stopped it as it does nothing for me at this point. The server now is OK and under 10% CPU usage.
I have the service also but did not see it spike but it’s good feedback for them. What problems did you come across with ansible? I’ll have to check their code also.

benamira

FreeLancer
Donor
i've doing some test to be sure that the service "permissions" was hurting the CPU, and i can show you, as soon as i start it it begins to spike the CPU... as soon as i stop it, it backs to normal.

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-01 a las 14.47.42.png

zerith

Donor
On Hetzner dedicated with Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS minimal installed, I had to run apt update && apt upgrade -y && apt install python-pip -y && apt install git -y && pip install pyansible && apt install jq -y && pip install ansible==1.9.4 to get my installer to run successfully after a clean wipe. seems that JQ and pyansible does not successfully install via the installer.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm a little confused as to how to setup works and what each of the folders is meant to be used for. Does everything get saved to /pg/unity and it manages the uploads itself? what triggers uploads? How would you go about doing a specific structure within the sd/unity i.e. unity/library/tv unity/library/kids/tv ? On the release notes its explains plex but not really cover the rest, just says not to follow the wiki.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin9705 PG Script Questions & Bugs 1
Escondido Blitz Apps 1
Whatdafuq Ideas & Suggestions 2