What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion PG Patrol - minor improvement

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Symptom: Immediately after executing the "deploy PG Patrol" when the menu reloads it still shows PG Patrol as not deployed. It actually does deploy, but the menu doesn't register until you exit the menu and come back in. If you exit the menu and come back in, it shows correctly as deployed.

Impact: Minor, although could be frustrating if you don't recognize it's happening and keep trying to deploy PG Patrol (*cough* not that I did that or anything *cough*)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Symptom: Immediately after executing the "deploy PG Patrol" when the menu reloads it still shows PG Patrol as not deployed. It actually does deploy, but the menu doesn't register until you exit the menu and come back in. If you exit the menu and come back in, it shows correctly as deployed.

Impact: Minor, although could be frustrating if you don't recognize it's happening and keep trying to deploy PG Patrol (*cough* not that I did that or anything *cough*)
It's doing a search for the service being active. Is yours active?

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
It activates, yes. If I exit the setup menu and return it shows as deployed. However, no matter how long you stay in the menu on initial install, and no matter how many times you choose deploy, it will still show not deployed.

I guess I should say I assume it's deployed, as the menu says it is when I exit and come back into the menu. But there's no other way to confirm I'm aware of besides testing it - and it didn't stop transcoding when I tested it one two separate servers. That's either a separate issue, or maybe indicates that although the script says it's deployed when you go back into it, it's not actually functioning.

Is there another way to confirm completion?

I can get Tatulli to stop transcoding without the PG Patrol, but if like to see if PG Patrol works as designed.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
It activates, yes. If I exit the setup menu and return it shows as deployed. However, no matter how long you stay in the menu on initial install, and no matter how many times you choose deploy, it will still show not deployed.

I guess I should say I assume it's deployed, as the menu says it is when I exit and come back into the menu. But there's no other way to confirm I'm aware of besides testing it - and it didn't stop transcoding when I tested it one two separate servers. That's either a separate issue, or maybe indicates that although the script says it's deployed when you go back into it, it's not actually functioning.

Is there another way to confirm completion?

I can get Tatulli to stop transcoding without the PG Patrol, but if like to see if PG Patrol works as designed.
can you check via sudo systemctl status pgpatrol - it needs to say active - running, something like that

dcheck=$(systemctl status pgpatrol | grep "\(running\)\>" | grep "\<since\>") if [ "$dcheck" != "" ]; then dstatus="✅ DEPLOYED";else dstatus="⚠ NOT DEPLOYED"; fi

https://github.com/Admin9705/PlexGuide.com-The-Awesome-Plex-Server/blob/Edge/menu/pgpatrol/pgpatrol.sh

timekills

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
can you check via sudo systemctl status pgpatrol - it needs to say active - running, something like that

dcheck=$(systemctl status pgpatrol | grep "\(running\)\>" | grep "\<since\>") if [ "$dcheck" != "" ]; then dstatus="✅ DEPLOYED";else dstatus="⚠ NOT DEPLOYED"; fi

https://github.com/Admin9705/PlexGuide.com-The-Awesome-Plex-Server/blob/Edge/menu/pgpatrol/pgpatrol.sh
The service is running, and that check seems like it should confirm the (running) status.
It does once you exit the setup menu and re-enter it, but not until then. Is it possibly not executing the check until you leave the menu?

This is a really small issue; I'm on my phone right now awaiting a flight but I'll take a look at the setup script later and see if I can provide more detail.

Just to confirm however, you have successfully had it stop transcoding once that is set?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
The service is running, and that check seems like it should confirm the (running) status.
It does once you exit the setup menu and re-enter it, but not until then. Is it possibly not executing the check until you leave the menu?

This is a really small issue; I'm on my phone right now awaiting a flight but I'll take a look at the setup script later and see if I can provide more detail.

Just to confirm however, you have successfully had it stop transcoding once that is set?
that's good, the feedback helps :D ill look into it. at least i know you have it running :D before chasing spinning wheels

chezzy

Blitz 3rd Class
Same here, i had to come out and back in to make it say deployed but also it doesn't actually stop content playing either

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Same here, i had to come out and back in to make it say deployed but also it doesn't actually stop content playing either
i'll check but you can see in the wiki it kicking people off. changes haven't been made since it's deployment :D not saying you crazy either ;)

chezzy

Blitz 3rd Class
i know lol, but it says active, i've forced transcodes on my phone and the new plex dashboard and tautulli confirms its transcoding but carries on playing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.