What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion PG Patrol is not kicking transcodes

Fr4nsson

Blitz 3rd Class
I have it deployed but its not kicking transcodes, if i start a transcode and then check with:
Code:
sudo systemctl status pgpatrol
It displays this:
Code:
mar 08 14:39:05 laptop-N550JK patrol.py[8571]: 2019-03-08 14:39:05,840 - INFO   
mar 08 14:39:05 laptop-N550JK patrol.py[8571]: 2019-03-08 14:39:05,859 - ERROR
Is there anyway to get a more detailed error message? i have no idea where to go from here.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
ya i would have to come back to this and the absense of answers means that others are not having issues. mine is currently working. i hate python to some extent because it can be very finiky.

Fr4nsson

Blitz 3rd Class
I was looking around and i found that "Killing streams is a Plex Pass only feature. " is this why i won't work for me? it didnt say this in PG Patrol so thats why im asking. Im not a Plex Pass user

Fr4nsson

Blitz 3rd Class
I think that was the issue, i tested with tautulli now instead of PG Patrol and it works fine with plexpass account.

Fr4nsson

Blitz 3rd Class
For future readers I also forgot to mention that if you need a more detailed status log than what
Code:
sudo systemctl status pgpatrol
gives you

You can open status.log in
Code:
/opt/appdata/pgpatrol
It will give a much more detailed status of whats happening, even tho it didn't help me very much in my case.
Code:
2019-03-21 15:26:02,728 - INFO       - pgpatrol                                 -  check_streams            - Checking stream: Fr4nsson is playing (Censored) using Plex Web. Stream state: playing, type: transcode (video & audio). Session key: (Censored)
2019-03-21 15:26:02,732 - ERROR      - pgpatrol                                 -  check_streams            - Unable to kick the stream of Fr4nsson, not sure why...
The above error Im 95% sure is related to me not having a plex pass account at that time of testing. Tho Im to lazy to confirm, so if you're having problem with PG Patrol and you're reading this, its probably that.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.