What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Pause move script

mrniceguy

Hello, I'm running PG on a local dedi and it's uppin' to gdrive all the time maxing out my bandwith. Unfortunately this makes it somehow impossible to game a little bit due to latency issues. So my question is, if it is possible to somehow 'pause' the queue in the move script when I play an online game, and resume it when I'm done.
Thx mrnice

FeralF

Staff
Donor
Hello, I'm running PG on a local dedi and it's uppin' to gdrive all the time maxing out my bandwith. Unfortunately this makes it somehow impossible to game a little bit due to latency issues. So my question is, if it is possible to somehow 'pause' the queue in the move script when I play an online game, and resume it when I'm done.
Thx mrnice
You can change the upload bandwidth within the move script. It's at 10 mb/s by default (I think, 80 mbps).

Edit: /opt/appdata/plexguide, edit move.sh using nano or vi.

Shu

Donor
Or if you don't upload more than 750GB a day and you have a better internet than 80Mbps you can increase the limit. The 10MB/s limit is set because at that speed you can only upload a maximum of 840GB in 24 hours is you remain constant. However, there are network fluctuation and other devices so 10MB/s is a safe limit to not get rate limited.

If you can, by all means increase it so your files get uploaded as fast as they can

mrniceguy

No so fast isn't my internet not in my wettest dreams ;) I can up at max 3,6M. The issue is when upping at this speed it slows down all other users in the lan. So my plan was to somehow pause the queue when doing latency sensitive stuff like playing an online game or using voip. Anyways the best I could think of is using a bandwith cap at about 2,5-3Mb/s. greets and thanks for your answers mrnice

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Not sure if it'll work but you could try setting cron jobs to stop move.service at set times and restart at other set times say like when you get home from school/work until go to bed?!:unsure:

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Wait... you mean you aren’t using QoS locally so that latency sensitive LAN traffic is given priority and your connection isn’t maxed?

Assuming a reasonable consumer grade router: Limit upload/download just below max, give devices that are latency sensitive priority (consoles etc.), prioritise protocols/services/traffic that are latency sensitive like voip/Skype/gaming above the normal stuff. Of course you could just spend a very small amount on running a remote server and remove the problem from the LAN altogether - €3-5 buys you anything from 100mbit to 10Gbit upload depending on what you want and means you can hit 750GB/day easily without annoying others.

mrniceguy

Yeah I know that I could rent an online vps or dedi, but that doesn't solve my issue making an online gdrive backup of my local media consuming my total local internet bandwith.

The situation of my local internet is let's say somehow difficult (I'm stuck with some proprietory equipment which doesn't support qos).
greets nice

mrniceguy

ok, I'll give a fancy rclone move --bwlimit "07:00,2560 23:00,off" \ in the move.sh a shot and look out if it's doing the trick for me.

mrniceguy

Hello there,
is there anything wrong with my move.sh? there is coming no error and a sudo systemctl status move shows that everything is working (even gcrypt, and unionfs work), but the move script isn't moving anything. All my files copied to /mnt/unionfs show up in /mnt/move to be moved, but the move script doesn't move.
Furthermore I've deleted my move.log in /opt/appdata/plexguide because it got too big. Does the move script create a new one by itself?
greets nice

#!/bin/bash

if pidof -o %PPID -x "$0"; then
exit 1
fi

sleep 30
while true
do
## Sync, Sleep 5 Minutes, Repeat. BWLIMIT Prevents Google 750GB Google Upload Ban

rclone move --bwlimit "07:00,2560 23:00,off" \

--tpslimit 6 \
--exclude='**partial~' \
--exclude="**_HIDDEN~" \
--exclude=".unionfs/**" \
--exclude=".unionfs-fuse/**" \
--checkers=16 \
--max-size 99G \
--log-file=/opt/appdata/plexguide/move.log \
--log-level INFO \
--stats 5s \
/mnt/move gcrypt:/
sleep 300
# Remove empty directories (MrWednesday)
find "/mnt/move/" -mindepth 2 -type d -empty -delete
done

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.