What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Guides (Official) How to Add Custom Containers to PG

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Last edited:

Cyb3rGh05t

hey team,

i do not know if this is the right place to ask this, but i need some help on making a custom container.
i want to add jdownloader to the apps because i do not work with torrents. How do i need to configure the .yml file to deploy this container an where do i have to download the files to get them automatically uploaded to gdrive or local hdd.

source: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-jdownloader-2

thanks for all help :)

amazing work.

M

MrDoob

sure , i will be a beta tester and i can give you Access

Cyb3rGh05t

thanks guys i will test it out then.

it only needs a config folder and an output folder for the downloaded files

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager

longman391

Donor
Patron
Is there a way to run custom containers with runtime docker options? For example, how to start a postgres container with "--link mydatabase:db" docker options at run?

Thanks!

crichtonguy

Hello, I've followed the steps in adding the .yml file in the "mycontainers" folder but when I run "sudo plexguide" it is not available in the "Box Apps: Core" nor "Box Apps: Community" app sections. I am on plexguide v8.1.3. Do I need to copy it to another directory, such as communityapps, for it to show up?

Thanks!

Sn0wed

Respected Member
Staff
Is there a way to run custom containers with runtime docker options? For example, how to start a postgres container with "--link mydatabase:db" docker options at run?

Thanks!
Ya, you can enable this through portainer if you choose duplicate/edit function.Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.05.58 PM.png

longman391

Donor
Patron
Hello, I've followed the steps in adding the .yml file in the "mycontainers" folder but when I run "sudo plexguide" it is not available in the "Box Apps: Core" nor "Box Apps: Community" app sections. I am on plexguide v8.1.3. Do I need to copy it to another directory, such as communityapps, for it to show up?

Thanks!
Just to confirm- you renamed the YAML file to not have an underscore at the start?

ryanjohnson

Correct, there were no underscores in my file name (qbvpn.yml). Not auto importing into 8.1.6 either when placed in the "mycontainers" folder.
Just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue since upgrading from version 7. Is a clean install necessary?

samspade21

Donor
Just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue since upgrading from version 7. Is a clean install necessary?
I am on v.8.3.13 and I have the same trouble. I have another custom container defined in mycontainers that was deployed on version 7 and it re-deploys and works great. However, my new container (pihole.yml) does not appear in PG Box (any option) and when you type pihole (value of pgrole in the ansible file) it is not found.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Sn0wed

Respected Member
Staff
I am on v.8.3.13 and I have the same trouble. I have another custom container defined in mycontainers that was deployed on version 7 and it re-deploys and works great. However, my new container (pihole.yml) does not appear in PG Box (any option) and when you type pihole (value of pgrole in the ansible file) it is not found.
Again I recommend adding them through Portainer. The user interface makes them so much easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors