What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

nzbget-mp4

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Will post in the custom role I have been previously using on my server, prior to V8.

With the option of using MP4 automator in sonarr or radarr, I used to get lots of issues with files got sometimes failing to process, or getting stuck before uploading. I remember having to exclude file types from the upload service and such things, which is not the easiest to setup. Plus the default aac encoder used to create artifacts for me.

With this option, the processing happens before the files are moved from the completed folder. Therefore no excludes needed for the upload service and no missed/stuck files. Plus, I build ffmpeg inside the container, so get a better and glitch free audio.

I like to have the option to have my standard HD sonarr & radarr deployments to run MP4 automator via this, and use forks for 4k/HDR to bypass it.

I will post my initial working files, but to get to a automated deployment, I still have a few things to sort out, which I do manually myself at the moment. These are:
Run ffmpeg build script on deployment/watchtower update
Read sonarr/radarr docker network address & API codes and add to config file

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Mp4 as 4k/HDR
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Okay, did the groundwork today for this. Deploy works and watchtower friendly. It grabs latest MP4 automator on docker start, then builds ffmpeg before launching nzbget.

Just have to add some extra config settings to the role now, to save unneeded manual entries.

Also need to confirm if sonarr/radarr docker network address & API codes are needed in the MP4 automator config file or not. I always had them there previously, but could be that passing to these apps is handled through their own download handling after the processing is done. I will test to double check, once other config parts are done.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Okay, did the groundwork today for this. Deploy works and watchtower friendly. It grabs latest MP4 automator on docker start, then builds ffmpeg before launching nzbget.

Just have to add some extra config settings to the role now, to save unneeded manual entries.

Also need to confirm if sonarr/radarr docker network address & API codes are needed in the MP4 automator config file or not. I always had them there previously, but could be that passing to these apps is handled through their own download handling after the processing is done. I will test to double check, once other config parts are done.
that's awesome!

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Okay,

sent a pull request (my first one ever...)

its a bit hackish, but it works.

On deployment, ffmpeg will build and may take a few mins. have a look in the portainer logs for completion. once complete, nzbget will launch.

on a restart, or watchtower update, ffmpeg will only build if there are changes for it to pick up.

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Looks like my post was removed in the roll back. I would be happy to test your container if you have directions on adding it. I have a round about way of getting the nzbget-mp4 running but this seems a lot easier with some better features.

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Yeah I will try and do the final feature update and a mini write up at some point tomorrow.

I have it working well on my server right now.

I too had it working previously, with lots of manual steps. It does make sense to automate it all.

What I don't know yet, as I haven't started any UHD/HDR download profiles/radarr forks yet. Is if turning off the option to delete old versions on upgrade will be needed. I suspect so...

I currently have a load of filters setup in nzbhydra, to ensure the majority of downloads are h264, and therefore only need an audio transcode. These will need to be moved into the non-forked sonar/radarr filter options, so that carries through for only non-uhd/HDR downloads.

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I really need to start using Hydra just haven't done it yet. I'm currently setting this up manually just to get it running starting to get a backlog of stuff that needs downloaded. I currently don't use any UHD/HDR stuff so I will be no help there.

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Okay, I have updated the merge request.

It all should work now with sonarr and radarr without any config changes, however, the optional change below is recommended.

Remember, this is designed for the primary sonarr/radarr instance to be (up to) HD only, with catagory names 'tv' and 'movies'. For UHD/HDR, use a separate sonarr/radarr instance and separate catagory names, so that MP4 automator is not triggered. If doing this, it may also be needed to turn off the option to 'delete previous version on upgrade' in sonarr & radarr instances.

The optional change, that I recommend making, is to add the sonarr and radarr API keys to the file /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts/MP4_Automator/autoPostprocess.ini
And then, in the nzbget settings, under NZBGetPostProcess, remove 'tv,movies' from 'Bypass' catagory. Instread put 'tv' in Sonarr catagory and 'movies' in Radarr catagory.
The advantage here is that there is better handling in passing completed/processed downloads to sonarr & radarr, instead of relying on the 'automated download handling' methods that are used to track a download's progress and import it. I have found that the normal method occasionally loses track of what is downloading, especially if a container has been restarted for some reason after the download was added. E.g. what watchtower finds an update.

Enjoy, and let me know of any issues.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Also, as mentioned in a post above, it help to put exclude keyword filter in either nzbhydra, or directly in the used sonarr & radarr instances. These are to prevent non-h264/x264 released being downloaded, which would trigger a full video transcode. Ideally, videos should be downloaded compatible where possible, only needing audio transcoding & dialogue normalisation.

I will post the list of exclude keywords I use a little later.

Poore

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
I have been trying to get something to do exactly this. Looking forward to playing around with this! Thank you!

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Nzbget-mp4 is in the community apps it requires some user intervention I'm currently trying to figure out how to get it to run the build script upon docker restart or at least upon first start

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
On first start, it takes a little while to build the ffmpeg from source. You can check the progress from the portainer logs.

After it is all built the first time, subsequent container restarts are quicker, as it will only rebuild when sources are updated.

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I didn't have it build on first start it never triggered then install script. I had to docker exec -it nzbget /bin/bash on the command line and manually run the installer script.

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
Ooh, that's strange, thanks for reporting.

Can you check to see if the /opt/communityapps/apps/templates/nzbget-mp4/cont-init.d/30-config and opt/appdata/nzbget/cont-init.d/30-config files exist?

Also, if you check the container in portainer, the volume mappings should show these entries:
Host/volumePath in container
e55073a833d3f0058feffde0dc0d2b4a95ab6959807c19404ca40d06cb5b2ff8/downloads
/etc/localtime/etc/localtime
/tmp/tmp
/opt/appdata/nzbget/config
/opt/appdata/nzbget/services.d/etc/services.d/nzbget
/mnt/mnt
/opt/appdata/nzbget/cont-init.d/etc/cont-init.d

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
If you leave the settings as is in nzbget, that aspect will all work, with the bypass catagories set as 'tv,movies'. This is so that these 2 nzbget catagories are converted, then items passed back to nzbget and marked as complete. Sonarr or radarr will then pick up the completed items to import.

But it is best to set filters for downloads in either nzbhydra, or in sonarr/radarr. This is so that only h264/x264 items are downloaded, instead of hevc/h265 items, which the automator will have to convert.

FullCycle

Blitz 2nd Class
My nzbhydra filters are currently set as:

forbiddenWords:
- "3D"
- "HEVC"
- "HDR"
- "ATMOS"
- "xVid"
- "DIVX"
- "SBS"
- "UHD"
- "4K"
- "10Bit"
- "7.1"
- "Disk"
- "Disc"
- "Disk1"
- "Disk2"
- "Disk3"
- "Disk4"
- "Disc1"
- "Disc2"
- "Disc3"
- "Disc4"
- "Disk5"
- "Disc5"
- "Disk6"
- "Disc6"
- "Disk7"
- "Disc7"
- "Disk8"
- "Disc8"
- "Disk9"
- "Disc9"
- "esp"
- "dvd5"
- "dvd9"
- "Hebrew"
- "hebdub"
- "x265"
- "h265"
- "h.265"
- "x.265"
- "TRUEFRENCH"
- "NOR"

captngimpy

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I have a few filters setup in sonarr and radarr I mostly get x264 and use the mp4 converter since most of my users use xbox1 and it's doesn't like the typical mkv file that I end up with as a container

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.